CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Mexican Rivera on Golden Priness on Apr 19 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/346831-mexican-rivera-golden-priness-apr-19-a.html)

hp68508 February 17th, 2008 08:25 AM

Mexican Rivera on Golden Priness on Apr 19

Going on Golden Princess and Mexican Rivera for teh first time. All my crusies have been in the eastern, west southern.. Caribbean.

I am going with 5 faimlies with 21 people. 10 adults and 11 kids

Wanted to know if i would be able book activity at the ports.

It is cheaper the ship.

Cabo San Lucas - only have few hours here , but wanted to teh rocks and lover beach.

Puerto Vallarta - Beach with unlimited food and drink and activities
What is the is the best place where we can get unlimited and drink and
food on te beach.

Mazatlan - no idea.. what is here to see.

Thanks

M

nmnita February 17th, 2008 03:45 PM

Re: Mexican Rivera on Golden Priness on Apr 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp68508
Going on Golden Princess and Mexican Rivera for teh first time. All my crusies have been in the eastern, west southern.. Caribbean.

I am going with 5 faimlies with 21 people. 10 adults and 11 kids

Wanted to know if i would be able book activity at the ports.

It is cheaper the ship.

Cabo San Lucas - only have few hours here , but wanted to teh rocks and lover beach.

Puerto Vallarta - Beach with unlimited food and drink and activities
What is the is the best place where we can get unlimited and drink and
food on te beach.

Mazatlan - no idea.. what is here to see.

Thanks

M

yes, you can just get off the ship and you will be amazed how many want to help you. I would go to Lovers beach in Cabo, as you said you only have a short time which is too bad. We did the Whale Watching which will be over before you sail. Then we hussled back, did a very little shopping and it was almost time to sail

Mazantan, we have friends that live there part of the year so we visited with them but there are lots of things to see and do. Whatever you do, don't bother about snorkeling. From what we have heard it just isn't worth the time or money.

Puerta Villarta is probably the place to do the beach. You can google, tours in Puerta Villarta and gets some ideas.

Have a great cruise

Nita :wink:

hp68508 February 17th, 2008 06:10 PM

Thank for the reply.

How much would it cost to lover beach?

I have 5 families? I have read to take a water taxi , is this near where the cruise ship drps you off?

Thanks

nmnita February 17th, 2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Thank for the reply.

I have 5 families? I have read to take a water taxi , is this near where the cruise ship drps you off?

Thanks

we didn't do it cause we did the Whale Watching, which btw was one of the best tours in 20 plus cruises, but yes, you can take a water taxi I beleive. You will tender to Cabo and the taxies will be very close to where you get off the tender.

Nita

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 17th, 2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Thank for the reply.

Thanks

hp68508 (Ain't that a HP printer model? LOL LOL LOL)

Once you get ashore in Cabo, you will find plenty of vendors selling tours/activities. They are right there on the pier where the tender boats dock. If you want to go to Playa del Amor (Lovers Beach), haggle with them and you can get the ride for like $5 per person. I am sure that if you guys are going to be such a big group, they would not want to lose that business! So stand your ground and haggle! You can also go for ATV rides in Cabo, horse rides on the beaches just north of Cabo and a ton of other things at a slightly higher price than $5 each! :wink: :wink: LOL LOL
If you are taking a laptop with you, go to Paraiso Mall just across the Marina and by the Haagen Dazs Icecream parlour you can get free wireless internet access. It's a great wifi hotspot. Plus plenty of shopping choices for the girls inside the Mall, if they so fancy.

Mazatlan take a cab to the Zona Dorada (Golden Zone). Again haggle with them, we haev many times taken a cab from the cruiseship terminal to the Golden Zone for $2 per person! Likewise returning to the ship. There a nice beach there, plenty of water sports, ya guys might wanna try parasailing (don't give them more than $25 per ride, no matter how much they ask you for!!!) Jetskis can also be rented albeit once again at a higher price than that! LOL :wink:

Ah Puerto Vallarta........one of the Captain's favorite haunts.........where do I start...........oh I know.........Walmart, that's right! There's a walamrt and a Sam's Club right across the street from the cruisehip pier! You can get any supplies you need there plus they sell International Phone Cards which will allow you to call the United States for 25c a minute! I think oyu get like 40 minutes for $10, not bad at all. Take the local bus to downtown PV, it's only 50c (5 pesos) each. Look for destination on gthe windshield which says CENTRO, going back to the ship from downtown, look for the destination on the the windshield which says WALMART. Plenty of things to see in downtown PV for the first time visitor. And it is very pedestrian friendly with a nice malecon (seaside pedestrian walkway). At the cruieship terminal you also find free wifi hotspots where the souvenir shops are located and also many tour operators selling local tours/activities. Whatever you do in PV, make sure you stay on ship's time as the time zone changes in the middle of Bahia de Banderas (Bay of Flags) effectively putting PV in 2 time zones!

I hope you find the above hints helpful.

Captain :)

nmnita February 18th, 2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:

Thank for the reply.

Thanks

hp68508 (Ain't that a HP printer model? LOL LOL LOL)

Once you get ashore in Cabo, you will find plenty of vendors selling tours/activities. They are right there on the pier where the tender boats dock. If you want to go to Playa del Amor (Lovers Beach), haggle with them and you can get the ride for like $5 per person. I am sure that if you guys are going to be such a big group, they would not want to lose that business! So stand your ground and haggle! You can also go for ATV rides in Cabo, horse rides on the beaches just north of Cabo and a ton of other things at a slightly higher price than $5 each! :wink: :wink: LOL LOL
If you are taking a laptop with you, go to Paraiso Mall just across the Marina and by the Haagen Dazs Icecream parlour you can get free wireless internet access. It's a great wifi hotspot. Plus plenty of shopping choices for the girls inside the Mall, if they so fancy.

Mazatlan take a cab to the Zona Dorada (Golden Zone). Again haggle with them, we haev many times taken a cab from the cruiseship terminal to the Golden Zone for $2 per person! Likewise returning to the ship. There a nice beach there, plenty of water sports, ya guys might wanna try parasailing (don't give them more than $25 per ride, no matter how much they ask you for!!!) Jetskis can also be rented albeit once again at a higher price than that! LOL :wink:

Ah Puerto Vallarta........one of the Captain's favorite haunts.........where do I start...........oh I know.........Walmart, that's right! There's a walamrt and a Sam's Club right across the street from the cruisehip pier! You can get any supplies you need there plus they sell International Phone Cards which will allow you to call the United States for 25c a minute! I think oyu get like 40 minutes for $10, not bad at all. Take the local bus to downtown PV, it's only 50c (5 pesos) each. Look for destination on gthe windshield which says CENTRO, going back to the ship from downtown, look for the destination on the the windshield which says WALMART. Plenty of things to see in downtown PV for the first time visitor. And it is very pedestrian friendly with a nice malecon (seaside pedestrian walkway). At the cruieship terminal you also find free wifi hotspots where the souvenir shops are located and also many tour operators selling local tours/activities. Whatever you do in PV, make sure you stay on ship's time as the time zone changes in the middle of Bahia de Banderas (Bay of Flags) effectively putting PV in 2 time zones!

I hope you find the above hints helpful.

ACross the street from the terminal yes, but it is a heck of a long block. Just from the ship to the street is a little walk, then although it says across the street iit is down a few blocks, then across the street. Now you walk through a very large parking lot and to the very end of the shopping center. If you really need to get supplies it is a great place to go, otherwise I don't think I would do it. We did it cause we wanted sun tan lotion, that by the way was higher then in the US.

Nita :wink:

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 18th, 2008 08:51 PM

Are we talking about Walmart in PV????
It is not more than 5 minutes walk, you exit the terminal area and walk maybe what??? 900ft???? Is that a long walk???? :-? :-? :-?
When was it the last time you were there Nita? Cuz the new pier they finsihed late last year is literally bang across the street from Walmart.
You get off the ship and you just cross the road and you are there!
You are incorrect in stating that you have to walk a few blocks. It is literally 1 block away! No more!
Here's an aerial shot, you can see the new pier very clearly, the large upright rectangular building is Walmart, the smaller horizontal rectangular building is Sam's Club!

Captain

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...4336/71005.jpg

hp68508 February 18th, 2008 09:40 PM

Is there any good hotel on the the beach that we can spent the day there.
Where they include food and drink?

We wanted to jet skies, parlsing

Not much in shopping....

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 19th, 2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Is there any good hotel on the the beach that we can spent the day there.
Where they include food and drink?

We wanted to jet skies, parlsing

Not much in shopping....

Here's a little known secret HP,

Follow the ship's crew to the Krystal RV resort just a short walk south of the ship. You can use their poolside facilities for free, just buy something to drink and maybe something to eat while there. Reasonable prices for food and drink. Extremely nice resort. Jetskis and parasailing available on the beach too.

hp68508 February 20th, 2008 08:05 PM

Thanks Captian. You know alot about the mexican Rivera.

From HP Printer... :)

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 20th, 2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks Captian. You know alot about the mexican Rivera.

From HP Printer... :)

You are certainly welcome HP.
We've done the Mexican Riviera so many times now that I have also convinced myself that I can speak Spanish! LOL A Spanish speaking Gringo!
But seriously, I used to hate Mexico, I always used to tell the Mrs "You wanna go to Mexico, I'll drive you to downtown Los Angeles" LOL Over
the years it has grown on me, beautiful huge expanse of beaches on the Pacific side. And oh the people, so friendly and family-oriented. Pity it is still much much third world in many areas because I do think it is one of the most beautiful places on Earth for natural beauty.
We love it so much, we were on a cruise there last week on the Elation, see my review and we are goin back again next week on the Paradise.

hp68508 February 22nd, 2008 06:42 PM

Captian where is the reviewn Elation? I could not find it?