CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Vs RCL (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/346975-princess-vs-rcl.html)

Mike L February 19th, 2008 11:56 AM

Princess Vs RCL

I have seen several posts on the RCL forum suggesting to try Princess. For anyone with experience on Princess what sets Princes apart from RCL :?:

Sanibel*Gal February 19th, 2008 01:41 PM

IMHO - Princess is more subdued with the ships decor and less activities like rock climbing, ice skating, Johnny Rockets, etc. Don't get me wrong they have plenty of activities to enjoy, we find the entertainment top notch and have always been happy with the staff. I find the food on Princess a little better, but again that is subjective, and we prefer the Any Time dining more than assigned seating. Prices on RCL seem to be much higher than cabins on Princess, but again there are always deals out there. We have taken a RCL cruise in the past and would do so again if the itinerary & price were right. I would suggest a cruise on Princess to anyone who has taken one on RCL - Actually I hope to cruise on all the lines eventually! :-P

gfleo February 19th, 2008 02:32 PM

To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed much difference between Princess and RCI. They are in the same league.

Trip February 19th, 2008 07:13 PM

I would have to say, I have enjoyed both lines. To me, Princess was a just a lower key experience.

Wave Runner February 19th, 2008 07:32 PM

Re: Princess Vs RCL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike L
I have seen several posts on the RCL forum suggesting to try Princess. For anyone with experience on Princess what sets Princes apart from RCL :?:

Hi Mike:

I have not sailed RCL, but I have sailed Princess many times. I do have some very close friends who sail four or five times a year and have sailed almost every cruise line many times and they have reported that Princess is far superior to RCL. They have reported that consistently the food on Princess has been much better than on RCL. They have also mentioned that the entertainment is better on Princess. It is true that Princess ships do not, at least at this time, have rock climbing walls and such. I do know that Princess does offer wonderful food and great service. There repots have always been that Princess offers a more enjoyable cruising experience
Hope this helps.

gfleo February 19th, 2008 08:37 PM

I think that the service on the Caribbean Princess was very good, but RCI was excellent. I think it has to do with the tipping policy, so there is a bigger chance that they get an extra tips on RCI. Your waiter will know exactly what you want, but freestyle you have every day another waiter, and most of the time they don't know your needs, and most of the time they won't get a tips either.

nmnita February 20th, 2008 11:28 AM

To be very honest all mass marketed lines are more alike than different. It is simply a matter of what you like to do. Yes, RCI is more active and probably, generaly has a little younger crowd. Princess probably would be judged with better food, but then, food is very subjective. We have had good and bad service on both, cabin sizes are similar and the entertainment is about the same.

Loyalist for either line will rave about what they like, but I think the best way is to judge for yourself. We usually pick our cruises by itinerary and price. We do have a favorite and it isn't either of these lines. As I said the mass marketed lines are quite similar.

tat22450 February 22nd, 2008 04:49 PM

I have found that the food is superior on Princess. Was not at all impressed with RCL food. I love children, but on RCL there are more families with kids and Princess hasless noise and more of a mature crowd.