Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
First Mate

Default DAWN PRINCESS 4-27-08

We just booked this cruise because the price was great - I'd luv to hear any comments about the ship or ports Mazatlan, Cabo and Acapulco. Also, I've never sailed a west coast cruise before and I'm curious if the water is rougher than the Caribbean.

Thanks in advance!!!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thw water will probably be rougher, especially off California, and colder if swimming. It's Mexico. If you have been to Cozumel you have already seen the souvenirs.

Cabo has natural beauty - take a boat around the tip and see the rock formations.

Acapulco - I enjoy the Princess Hotel - where Howard Hughes lived until he died. Beautiful grounds.

Golf, horseback riding, beachsports (parasailing, etc) are all good. Snorkle or scuba is not as good as in the Caribbean.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
First Mate

Thanks Paul I'm looking forward to seeing west coast Mexico.
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Beginner

Usually cool on deck the first day at sea from SD. Once down baja you will be amazed at how blue the water is in Cabo, be sure to take a boat ride out to Los Arcos. Take a local one off the pier, less expensive than the ship. Snorkelling is great out by lovers beach.
Mazatallan is a bit seedy but a local cab will get you to the Golden zone beaches and some sight seeing.
In Puerto Vallarta get city tour from the pier taking in the jungle scenery as you go inland.Hot and tropical with breath taking views.
Be sure to see the cliff divers in Acapulco, its about a 15 minute walk from the ship. Be wary of the taxi drivers there, they over charge.