CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Champagne Balcony Breakfast (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/347649-champagne-balcony-breakfast.html)

FirstCoastCruiser February 29th, 2008 01:47 PM

Champagne Balcony Breakfast

Has anyone tried this? Did you think it was worth the fee? Is the menu set? I've found some information on the web but it is unclear exaclty what is included. One post made it seem the menu is set, others sound like there is a variety including made-to-order omlettes.

JJones March 1st, 2008 05:23 PM

Glad you asked because I'm also interested. We're doing the Panama Canal in March and I'd like to know what this breakfast is about.. sounds interesting!

Thegreatpumpkin March 3rd, 2008 06:34 AM

We did this and it's not what I expected we where under the impression that a stewart will come to the room setup the balcony and pour out our first glass, not the case it was more like knock knock here you go sir enjoy. I don't care much about wine but this really tasted bad LOL. But hey we enjoyed ourselves. I am still curious about the princess flyer we receieved showing a stewart setting up outside balcony table and pouring out wine. Maybe someone here knows more about if that was something else you had to order.

shofer March 3rd, 2008 01:59 PM

We did this on the Grand 2/2-9/08 and it was NOT worth the money. First the cost was $32 plus a 15% gratuity. We did substitue Eggs Benedict (dried out) for the smoked salmon and when I asked for sausages too, I received some pushback from the person taking the order. We requested tea & coffee and only got coffee and never got the sausage.

The champagne is Moet & Chandon, a decent brand but enough for 2 glasses each. No set up. We did not have a regular table on our balcony, only the little snack table so we left the tray in the room and did it buffet style. Frankly, I would have ordered continental breakfast & fruit from room service and run up to the buffet for better eggs, etc and brought it down to the room.

Our adult kids ordered rolls, coffee and fruit every day and their selection looked better than ours!

FirstCoastCruiser March 5th, 2008 09:57 PM

Thank you both for the feedback. I was considering it as a gift for a friend that is cruising in April but I think I will pass.

JJones March 6th, 2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxGuy
Thank you both for the feedback. I was considering it as a gift for a friend that is cruising in April but I think I will pass.

I second the thanx! We were going to do it for a birthday celebration. Sounds like we'd be better off just ordering room service and eating on the balcony! I can always find SOMEWHERE to spend the $$ I save :wink: