Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM
First Mate

Default Champagne Balcony Breakfast

Has anyone tried this? Did you think it was worth the fee? Is the menu set? I've found some information on the web but it is unclear exaclty what is included. One post made it seem the menu is set, others sound like there is a variety including made-to-order omlettes.

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Passenger

Glad you asked because I'm also interested. We're doing the Panama Canal in March and I'd like to know what this breakfast is about.. sounds interesting!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Beginner

We did this and it's not what I expected we where under the impression that a stewart will come to the room setup the balcony and pour out our first glass, not the case it was more like knock knock here you go sir enjoy. I don't care much about wine but this really tasted bad . But hey we enjoyed ourselves. I am still curious about the princess flyer we receieved showing a stewart setting up outside balcony table and pouring out wine. Maybe someone here knows more about if that was something else you had to order.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Familiar Face

We did this on the Grand 2/2-9/08 and it was NOT worth the money. First the cost was $32 plus a 15% gratuity. We did substitue Eggs Benedict (dried out) for the smoked salmon and when I asked for sausages too, I received some pushback from the person taking the order. We requested tea & coffee and only got coffee and never got the sausage.

The champagne is Moet & Chandon, a decent brand but enough for 2 glasses each. No set up. We did not have a regular table on our balcony, only the little snack table so we left the tray in the room and did it buffet style. Frankly, I would have ordered continental breakfast & fruit from room service and run up to the buffet for better eggs, etc and brought it down to the room.

Our adult kids ordered rolls, coffee and fruit every day and their selection looked better than ours!
Old March 5th, 2008, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Thank you both for the feedback. I was considering it as a gift for a friend that is cruising in April but I think I will pass.

Old March 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxGuy
Thank you both for the feedback. I was considering it as a gift for a friend that is cruising in April but I think I will pass.
I second the thanx! We were going to do it for a birthday celebration. Sounds like we'd be better off just ordering room service and eating on the balcony! I can always find SOMEWHERE to spend the $$ I save

Free Cruise Clocks