Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
First Mate

Default All help appreciated pertaining to P.C.

Have been cruising with Royal Carib. for quite some time. Need help on comparsion with them and Princess? Tons of questions, Can anyone tell me which is better cruise line?

Can you pick traditional dining and anytime dining or do you have to pick one? And which is better...what is their traditional dining room like? If you pick traditional dining can you still go to the speciality restaurants and if so how much are they? IF anyone has stayed in a mini suite how are they? I stayed in a Owners Suite on Royal Carib. and was wondering if that would be same. Also, if anyone has pictures of mini suite or suite I would love to see them or maybe you can tell me where I can go on line to view them.

Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
First Mate

You will need to pick anytime or traditional when you book but you can change it with 24 hours notice once onboard (if they have availabiilty). Personally, I didn't like the Anytime Dining on the Emerald but others did. To me it just wasn't the same. You will have access to the specialty restuarants which I believe run $15-$20 pp but maybe someone can verify that.

I found this great page with mini suite photos: http://cruises.about.com/od/emeraldp...incess-Cabins/

Old March 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Admiral

we enjoyed our sailing on both lines. We feel that the dining experience on Princess was much better than on RCL, the waitstaff was top notch, very organized, food was good on both lines.
We had a mini-suite on the Golden Princess and really enjoyed that, the extra floor space, more storage and larger bathroom was very nice. it was perfect for two adults and one teen. On the Freedom we had Superior Outside Stateroom which was very nice, plenty of room, loved the round bed, stall shower was plenty large enough, just right for the two of us.
Its really hard to compare both lines are really good. If it came down to a choice between both lines sailing similar ships with identical itinearies the edge for me would go to Princess, personal preference
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Passenger

We have cruise both cruise lines and find them pretty equal. Some aspect may be better one but is set by something better on other. Royal ships definitely have more 'fun' items - rock wall, ice skating, wave rider. Last trip on RC (Mariner of the Seas) we found the elevators challenging and ship seemed crowded. Princess had a wider range of intineraries but RC is catching up.

Dinning option is definitely a personl choice. We perfer traditional early because we get to know the servers and enjoy the personal service. Also we like the early seating to have the rest of the evening to do other things and in our home life we usually eat about 6pm anyway so we keep in the routine. But if you are use to eating late at home late seating might appeal to you more. We have tried all the other options - anytime and also traditional late. But no problem going to the specialty resturant. Be extra hungry because when we have gone to those resturants the food is overwhelming. We usually inform our server when we won't be showing up for our regular dinner just as a courtesy to them. We have booked just table for 4 (our family) and also had seating with others. We have had some interesting table partners and guess the best to say is we have great stories to share about our vacation dinning experience.

Great that the cruise lines give options for everyone.

Brilliance of the Seas

Celebrity Equinox