Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Familiar Face

Default 1st time with princess

Hi,
I finally made a decision on Star princess for an Alaskan cruise out of seattle in June 2008. I've decided on balcony (BB), just not sure if I should pick the cabin or go fo GTY. I'm very excited and can't wait.
Thanks everyone, I learned alot from this board.
I just have one tiny question:
My boyfriend is in the air force and might not get to go last minute. Would it be possible to take someone else along if this happens??
can I change his name to some one else?? is there a charge??
thanks
Oh!! is there any Dr. pepper on board
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Captain

Default Re: 1st time with princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahla
Hi,
I finally made a decision on Star princess for an Alaskan cruise out of seattle in June 2008. I've decided on balcony (BB), just not sure if I should pick the cabin or go fo GTY. I'm very excited and can't wait.
Thanks everyone, I learned alot from this board.
I just have one tiny question:
My boyfriend is in the air force and might not get to go last minute. Would it be possible to take someone else along if this happens??
can I change his name to some one else?? is there a charge??
thanks
Oh!! is there any Dr. pepper on board
Hi Shahla:

You have made a great decision to cruise to Alaska on Princess. We have tried many cruise lines to Alaska and by far, Princess is the best. Taking a GTY is a risk if you really care where your cabin is located at on the ship.
There is also an option with Princess to pick your cabin and then ask Princess to note on your reservation that you would be willing to take a free upgrade, if one is available.

I would definitely read your cruise insurance rules very closely as to whether or not you would be covered if your boyfriend could not go. I would also check with Princess to see what their policy is for a change in passenger names and what the cost is. Given your situation and for your protection you might want to get this information in writing. I know that since 9/11 there is a period of a few days before the cruise when no names can be changed. After you book your cruise always keep an eye on prices because if there should be a price drop on your cruise and you call Princess they will reduce your fare to the lower price.

I am not a Dr. Pepper drinker so I can't help you there. If I were you I would carry on a six pack or two when you first board and if Princess does not carry DP you could always pick some up in your various port stops.

Hope this helps.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Admiral

I'm pretty sure you can change the passenger if your boyfriend is unable to go, I'm sure some one will chime in with that information. I think your choice of Cruise line, ship and balcony are all excellent!! You are in for a great cruise!

I don't think you'll be able to get Dr. Pepper, I'll let you know in two weeks when we get back from 14 days on the Crown Princess.

It does remind me though of years ago when I was a driller on a seismograph crew and there were, (for the first time) about 25 crews in Central Ohio. Here we were, a bunch of Okies, Texans, Coloradans and Montanans in Central Ohio, all addicted to Dr. Pepper and not a Dr. Pepper in the whole State. Long story short, every supermarket, and convenience store in the Central Ohio was inundated with Dr. Pepper requests and within a matter of weeks they all carried Dr. Pepper. The law of supply and demand in action

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Admiral

no Dr. Pepper on board, only Coke, Diet Coke and GingerAle.
I would definately check with Princess on the last-minute passenger changes, and purchase trip cancellation/interuption insurance
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Passenger

If you booked a balcony then I would pick the cabin on the side of the ship that will cruise along the coast. We cruised from Seward to Vancouver (north to south) and picked the port (left) side so we could see the shore more than the ocean. Guarantee will probably get you the non coast side since the coast side fills up first. If you are going up (south to north) then pick the starboard (right) side.

Don't know if the Princess ships have Dr. Pepper but we will be on Princess in May so I'll try to remember to check it out and post back. But if not on ship buy it in port since it's US and will have the same formula.

We loved our Alaska cruise.

Brilliance of the Seas

Celebrity Equinox
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Admiral

We're back and sorry there is no Dr. pepper. The Martinis in the Crooner's lounge tend to make up for the loss however.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Passenger

What is the date of your cruise? We are on the same ship to Alaska leaving June 29th.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 02:23 AM
First Mate

You made a great choice. We have sailed the Alaska cruise from San Francisco, and it was one of the best trips you will ever take.

You also picked a balcony siute which is great, enjoy the view.
I am not sure about the Dr Pepper. I do think you can change the name if your boyfriend can't make it.

Have a great time.
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
First Mate

Default Same Cruise Date?

I'm also sailing out of Seattle on Princess on the "inside passage" Alaska cruise. I sail June 1st - what is your departure date?

I hope both you and you boyfriend have a wonderful and memorable time.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

You really should read the cruise contract online and the hard copy in the back of brochure.
Some of the Cruise lines will cancel your reservation if you remove a name or change, adding the name is a different story.
There are cost aswell for any change if allowed.