Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Default Alcohol packages for the room

Can you still order bottles of alcohol for your room...and some mixers as well? Or did they discontinue this..we will be on the golden next Sat...and really do not want to um smuggle...lpt
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Alcohol packages for the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypalmtree
Can you still order bottles of alcohol for your room...and some mixers as well? Or did they discontinue this..we will be on the golden next Sat...and really do not want to um smuggle...lpt
The packages with mixers have been discontinued or at least when we sailed a couple of months ago they had. You can go to bon voyage gifts and still order just the bottles I think. They are .375 so not very large and run just under $20.00.
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Admiral

I don't think that you can even do the gift thing anymore.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Admiral

When I was on the Emerald last Thanksgiving, they had an order form for liquor, etc. effective September '07 in the booklet they send you with various info (forgot the name of it). The Order Form called Celebrations, Food & Beverage Order Form showed a 375 ml bottle (single) for Bourbon, Scotch, Rum, Vodka, Gin with the price from $17 to $26; a Soda Package - Choose any 6 sodas in any combination the price of 5: Coke, diet coke, sprite, dietsprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale at $10.75 - that works out to $1.79 each for 6 or $2.15 each. Nothing cheap about any of it.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Wow..they really want you to buy those drinks at the bar!...oh well
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Beginner

Pack couple of bottles in your suitcase that you have delivered to yoru cabin and lock the case. Do not put it in the carry on that they xray at security. We have never had a problem getting liquor onboard and have left the bottles out in full view in our cabins and none of the cabin stewards ever had a problem. Worst case they will hold them until departure.
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Passenger

I agree SR...we usually check in with about 40 beer, two bottles of wines and a bottle of grand marnier safely wrapped in our suitcases. In addition, I carry on a beer cooler full of ice and beer and wine. They check it for bombs and let it go. I also buy beer and wine at every port, and have never had it confiscated, although I have talked to many that have. I think the trick at the ports is to get off the ship early, buy your booze, and get right back on. Dump your stuff, then head out on the town.
By the way, having your own cooler filled with ice each day by your cabin attendant means all your drinks are ice cold... something I've never got out of the regular room fridges.
paul
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Passenger

I got my Princess Cruise Package for November 26, 2008 sailing. In the back of the "Cruise Answer Book" is an order form for Celebrations, food and Beverage ORDER FORM. I ordered the liquor and soda package for my room, faxed it to Princess, and they have already charged my Credit Card for it. Soooooo.....I'm assuming I will get my "goodies" when I board, but if not, I kept a copy of my faxed order and a copy of my CC charges and will find out if there is a problem on 11/26..........Happy Sailing!! We're headed to Hawaii for 2 weeks!!!!