Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Beginner

Default Princess Carribean- What Deck?????

Hi,
am planning a 3 day cruise out of Fort L. on the Princess Carribean.
I know i will be getting a balcony room,but need some advice on the deck.
I never have been on a Princess ship,let alone the carribean.So i would appreciate any help/tips from you folks on what a nice deck would be to book??
I am travelling with my mom,so i dont want aqnything to close to bars/disco etc,but would like something not too far off either!!

Thx in advance for your help 8)
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Admiral

What Cat are you looking at?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Caribe deck port side. The balconies are half covered and half uncovered. The part that is covered is the same as all the other balconies but then you have the same amount that is also uncovered. The port side so you can wave to the people in their backyards waving at you from your balcony as you sail out of Ft Lauderdale.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
First Mate

The Emerald deck has a few private balconies aft which would keep you close to the common areas for mom though Club Fusion would be just below you so that may pose a noise issue. As suggested earlier, Caribe would be a good choice if you don't mind a partially exposed balcony. I'd probably book Baja deck or higher for the privacy though even if they are a little smaller.

Old March 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Admiral

i agree with the others Caribe is our favorite deck, next choice would be Dolphin
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Passenger

We are going on the Caribbean Princess out of NYC in July to the Caribbean. We had a wide open choice of decks and chose the Lido deck - down from the pool. Anyone have any comments on the Lido? We love being close to the pool - but are we giving up something else for this "benefit"?
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Passenger

We book the Lido deck when we can on this ship class and love being so close to the pool, places to get drinks and making a quick run to the horizon court and just a deck below the spa. Only problem we have is if our room is on the 'smoking' side of the deck - then we walk right out into the smoke haze. Also there is no laundry room on that deck. But I like being above all the other decks and looking down - not having someone looking down on us. You don't get a lot of 'traffic' along the hall either since there is only a few cabins and a 'dead end'.

Brilliance of the Seas

Celebrity Equinox
Old March 21st, 2008, 10:32 AM
Passenger

Smoking side??? What side is that. I thought in your cabins you could smoke on either side - only public areas does the smoking side apply. But I better check. I don't want the haze, or smell!
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:54 PM
Beginner

We cruised on the CP a couple of years ago and we were in a balcony cabin port side just forward of the elevators. Every morning at 04:30 exactly, there would be a racket of dropping and dragging furniture for 30 minutes almost exactly. We were right under the Salon, all I could figure is they stored something in there overnight(Weights or Gym Equipment maybe) and they took it all out at exactly 04:30. I never could drag myself out of bed at that hour

Other than that, it was a beautiful ship, we have cruised on the Star and stayed on the BAJA deck and had a much quieter room!