Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Default Balcony Question on Golden Princess

Does anyone have information about the balconies on the Golden Princess?

I believe the balconies on Dolphin Deck are bigger, which makes sense since the rooms on this deck are the Mini-Suites, but how big are they?

Also, how about the balconies on Caribe and Baja? I heard that Caribe has bigger decks than Baja. Can anyone confirm this?

I also heard that the balconies aren't necessarily all that private. Private on the sides, but not from the top. That it depends on what deck you are on. What is the best deck to be on for privacy from above (at least some partial privacy would be nice)?

Thanks.

"First Time Cruiser"
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Admiral

For Grand Class Princess ships ( Grand, Golden, Sapphire, Diamond, Star, Caribbean, Crown and the Emerald) - regular balcony cabins on port or starbord side of ships on decks Lido, Aloha, Baja, Riviera decks are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and are fully covered by ceiling overhang. No one can look down on you but those below can look up at you if you are standing at balcony rail.

Caribe deck cabins on starboard and port sides are sized 9 ft wide x 9 ft. deep and are covered by ceiling overhang for first 5 ft. When sitting under this cover, no one from above can see you.

Dolphin deck (mini-suite) cabins on starboard and port sides are sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and have no ceiling overhang. No privacy from those standing on balconies above you.

Category AE mini suites are fully covered. If you can, get one of the farthest aft cabins because those two cabins have huge oversized decks and are more private than any mini-suite on board.

Aft facing Category BB balconies on Baja decks, Caribe deck and Dolphin are regular balcony cabins but the balconies are sized about 11 ft. wide x 10 ft. deep and are fully covered by ceiling overhang. No one above or below can see you.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Beginner

Thank you "Irish Shark" for the information...and so thorough!!!! It is muchly appreciated!!!

Hey, do you know anything about the condition of the Golden Princess? I submitted another post on the subject, but haven't had any responses to-date. The post is called "Golden Princess, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Help!" I have heard information that the interior of the ship is in a sad state of repair. I called Princess and they said it was refurbished in November 2006, but could't provide details on what that meant. I have seen information on the internet that is from 2007/2008 that says it needs to be refurbished?
Old March 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Admiral

See my reply in your other thread.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello, KMAC. Hubby and I sailed the Golden to Alaska Sept 2007. We booked C515 on Caribe deck. Previously sailed on the Diamond 3 times and booked staterooms on the Baja deck. Baja balcony is completed covered and much smaller. Caribe balcony was awesome...much larger, and as Irish Shark said, is partially covered. The interior of the Golden reminded us of the Diamond as far as layout and decor. Didn't notice any areas of neglect. We'd definitely sail on her again.