Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone sailed on Caribbean Princess with kids?

I am considering this cruise in June with my 6 yr son. Any comments would be helpful.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Anyone sailed on Caribbean Princess with kids?

jackiesbooks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I am considering this cruise in June with my 6 yr son. Any comments would be helpful.
All of the major cruise lines offer excellent children's programs staffed by full time youth counsellors in dedicated children's, youth, and teen centers on all but the smallest vessels (MV Pacific Princess, MV Tahitian Princess, and MV Royal Princess), which do not have the dedicated centers and offer the programs only when there are fifteen or more minors onboard. The dining rooms also offer childrens' menus with special items that most children like (chicken fingers, PBJ's, etc.). Also, in my experience, Princess's dining staff and cabin stewards do a superb job of serving the needs of children. So take your son; he'll have a ball!

And in anticipation of the most frequently asked question from newcomers who have already booked their children on a cruise, the dress code for children is exactly the same as for adults. If your child has a dark suit to wear to church, synagogue, etc., that would be fine for the "formal" evenings. If not, a tuxedo rental probably would be your least expensive option since he probably will outgrow a suit before your next cruise.

Norm.