Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Passenger

Default Macadamia Nuts

Hello my cruiser friends.
I had the opportunity to cruise to Hawaii during the xmas holiday last year and bought some macadamia nuts at Walmart in Honolulu. Those milk chocolate ones are a taste of heaven. Well, I can't find them here in NC and was wondering if anyone knew how I'd be able to get an email address for Walmart in Hawaii. I've tried several ways on the internet and I'm just lost. Perhaps someone else has taken a trip to Hawaii and have a way of ordering things from there. The reason I ask about Walmart is because they sell them cheaper than the factory or Hilo Hattie's.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I laughed when I saw your comment. I did my macadamia shopping at the WalMart because it was so much cheaper than Hilo Hatties. I also went to the Mauna Loa Nut factory on a tour.
Please check out this website: www.maunaloa.com
You can place orders. I did notice in my Canadian WalMart in the candy aisle they had small bags of chocolate-covered nuts but no boxes and the little bags were the price I paid for the boxes in Hawaii.
I still have 1/2 a box I've been rationing.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Passenger

Default Macadamia Nuts

Thanks lannp for the information....I've been to Mauna Loa's web and I can't force myself to order from them. I truly would like to find a way to get in touch with a walmart in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure they would deliver macadamia nuts. When I went to the factory, I paid something like 9.99 a bag. While there, a cruiser told me to go to Walmart because I'd get them cheaper and I sure did. They were 6 or 7.99 there. If by chance someone happens to come up with a way I can do this...I sure hope the delivery charge isn't the same or more than the price of the nuts...
I have friends and family who would love for me to be able to order from Hawaii as the Mac's here are just not the same...the only ones I've found here are the roasted one's. You'd better hold on to yours for dear life...I shouldn't have shared mine [/b]
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have you spoken to the Store Manager of your local WalMart about ordering them for the store?
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Passenger

the reason WalMart is cheap is because it sells to mass markets. You will never find one who is going to ship nuts to one person..... And, likely the reason WalMart here in US/Canada doesn't stock them is because they are too expensive to ship here for a limited market.