Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Default Pacific Princess

Anyone with recent experience on the Pacific Princess? I am considering the 12-night Med cruise in August and would appreciate any comments. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Admiral

I'm going to join in pbparker's question (hope that's OK) ! I'm looking at an Alaska cruise on the Pacific Princess. We don't like the huge ships, but I'm afraid this ship will be too small .

Any info from those who've cruised the Pacific Princess would be appreciated!

Thanks,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Passenger

How recent? We were on her a year and a half ago. She and her sister (the Tahitian) remain our favorite ships in the fleet. With all the drak heavy wood, she is reminiscentof the ships of yesteryear. I do know that she is still dealing with the old menus, does not have Chef's Table, Anytime dining or lots of alternative dining.

However, the cabins are bigger than on a normal Princess ship, we like the smaller, more accessible size of the ship and getting to really know the crew and our fellow passengers. We were on her for 16 days and never regretted a moment of it.

If you have specific questions (or would like photos), let me know!
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Pattizoo

We spent 32 days on the Pacifc Princess in May 2007 and thoroughly enjoyed the smaller ship.(670 passengers) We were on the repositioning cruise from Sydney, Australia to Hawaii and would have stayed the additional 10 days into Vancouver if we hadn't had problems come up at home. With fewer people on board, we got to know many of the people as we ran into one another quite regularly. And the staff certainly got to know more people as well. It was also nice to not have a mile long hike to get to various places on the ship. We ate in the main dining room the first half of the cruise and had delightful 6 tablemates, 2 Aussie couples and one couple from NZ. The second half of the cruise (our Down Under friends all bailed in Tahiti) we mostly ate at the alternative options. The food was always outstanding no matter where we chose to eat.
The Italian alternative (Sabatini's) was incredible- we ate there twice. It was more of an experience than just a meal! (I can suggest that you order your entree FIRST and then proceed with the rest- it is a LOT of food!) They were even kind enough to send our desserts to our room as there was no way I could eat another bite! And with the in-room refrigerator- I got to enjoy those desserts for several days!
Our dream cruise is now the 2009 World cruise on either the Pacific Princess or her sister ship, the Tahitian Princess. Now we just have to win the lottery!! I am spoiled for life by the more intimate setting and will never be able to afford the high end versions.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Beginner

We sailed recently on the Tahitian, a sister of the Pacific, and think the Pacific will be perfect for the Med. The small size makes disembarkation smooth and fast, even when tendering, which should be great for a port packed itinerary. With only about 650 passengers you won't overwhelm the small ports either. The only drawback that we found with this class of ship is that it has a show lounge instead of a showroom with tiered seating. That means you need to be in front or near the front for the best sight lines.
Old September 6th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Passenger

Default Pacific Princess is my favourite

I have been on a few Princess ships, Star Princess, Regal Princess, Emerald Princess, Diamond Princess, Sun Princess and the glorious PACIFIC PRINCESS - Pacific Theatre Cruise - Sydney to Osaka - 21 days -April/May 2006.

She is my favourite ship, only 650 passengers, the shows are in the Vista lounge aft, it is difficult to see the stage from the back rows. Food was great as was the staff. Not the big crowds for tendering, embarking and disembarking. Much more friendly than the bigger ships. The main dining room only had 2 fixed sittings, no anytime, but that is not unusual now, just got off the Sun Princess it has only two fixed sittings whilst operating from Australia. The Pacific Princess did have the buffet and the Italian restaurants. It does not have dry cleaning facilities, only laundry, but thats no big deal.

I just love those old Renaissance ships. I am sure you will too, happy cruising.

Princess Elite Cruiser
195 cruise days with Sitmar, P&O and Princess
All over the world !
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:06 AM
First Mate

We have never sailed on the Pacific Princess, but I have always read good reviews about that ship.

It is a smaller ship, and it reminds me of the "LOVE BOAT" TV series.