Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Beginner

Default ScholarShip@Sea Program - Grand Princess

Does anyone have any details of the ScholarShip@Sea Program currently being offered on Grand Princess. I guess they will change from cruise to cruise but I'm interested in what sort of courses they offer in the Culinary Arts area.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Passenger

We were on the Grand last summer and the Scholarship@sea classes weren't really much in the traditional classroom type of instruction. The culinary classes were cooking demos, with handouts, and a tour of the kitchen. They taught everyone how to make Shrimp Scampi and Cherries Jubilee (I think that was it). I was hoping for a little more hand's on, but that's what they offered. I think there was an ice carving demo too.

The computer classes are more hands on and instructional. The arts and craft were fun and a nice way to spend a rainy day at sea.

Sorry I can't help more.