Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Default Cariibean Princess: Most private balconies?

I am looking to book a cruise on the Caribbean Princess for
next year.

I'd like a balcony cabin.

I'm not fond of the way Princess fans out their balconies so that
everyone above you can look down on yours, thus eliminating
any privacy.

The most obvious answer to my question is that the most
private balconies are on the top deck.

Does anyone who has been on Caribbean Princess have an
idea which deck I should choose for the balcony cabin I want?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Admiral

We have had balconies on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin. Next time we are going to try the Emerald Deck I think the most private balconies are on the Emerald Deck because the are flush with the Dolphin Deck and no one can look down or up and see your balcony.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Looks like I'm on the Lido deck, what are those balconies like on Star Princess??

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Regular balcony cabins on port or starboard side of ships on the Lido deck are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and are fully covered by ceiling overhang. No one can look down on you but those below can look up at you if you are standing at balcony rail.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Thanks Irish,
That will be perfect for Alaska, nice and covered for those chilly days.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Passenger

We booked a balcony on the Lido deck for our 9 day Caribbean Princess cruise out of NYC in July because we thought it would be neat to be right down the hall from the pool. Any views on these rooms? I am worried as I have now heard they are smaller than others, and the balcony is smaller. Wonder if its too late to change....?
Old July 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Passenger

We booked a balcony on the Aloha deck. Does anyone know if that is private?
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Admiral

On the Princess ships we have been on, the balconies on Riviera, Aloha, Baja are private covered balconies. On Caribe deck they are half and half and on Dolphin the are not covered. Dolphin people can look up and see others on Caribe, Baja and Riviera. Caribe can too and they can also look down on Dolphin balconies. Riviera, Aloha and Baja people can look down on the exposed Caribe decks and Dolphin. The only totally private balconies are on the Emerald deck below the Dolphin. Search in the photo gallery here and you will see many views. Have a great time.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Beginner

Hi! Just came back from being on the Caribbean Princess. I was on the Aloha deck, and I did notice when I looked down onto the balconies below me, I could see the folks below me. Now, if I'm not mistaken, when I looked above me, I believe that my balcony was not in view of the folks above me. Again, I can't swear to it, but I do remember it being more private. Someone else may come along and correct me, though.
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Admiral

How about the Lido deck on Star, how are those balconies?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Passenger

Thanks Selawela. Someone posted a note about people throwing and spitting stuff from above when they were out on their deck. I was trying to make sure that we were closed at the top. Those beneath me have nothing to fear from me!
How was your trip in general. It is our first time cruising with Princess. I heard about the engine trouble and I have noticed our itinerary has been shortened a bit. Was the ship nice and stress free? Any hints? Our cruise leaves on Aug 6th.
Old July 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Beginner

Hey, Ida! First of all, you'll have a fantastic time on the Caribbean Princess! Like I had mentioned before, the only "bad" part about the whole experience was that two of the excursions had to be cancelled, and the excursions are what we look forward to the most once we get of the boat. Did you mention the ports that you will be visiting? Let me know!

What I can tell you about the boat is that she is just great! However, I don't have any other experience to compare my opinion to. Now, I am pretty picky, and I do believe that it's all about presentation. So I did look around for overall appearance and cleanliness. I definitely would say that the crew does a fantastic job of cleaning and trying to "keep house" with all the people on her. The staff is enormous...and they are always busy, busy, busy scurring around keeping everything nice and neat, especially on the decks where pepole like to eat and drink and hang out on. If you have a glass or a plate and you put it down somewhere, someone will come by and take it away immediately, so that's good.

I thought that the room attendant did a fantastic job with our cabin. He also managed not to have a heart attack everytime he cleaned my son's room that he shared with his teenage cousins! Oh, boy, I tried to stay out of there! Image two teenage girls with what seemed to be an endless row of shoes for every outfit! And believe me, my son had his own collection of shoes and flip flops and other stuff that they love to travel with...Ipods, computer games... you get the picture. So cudos to the room attendant on the Aloha deck, "Thanks, Rudy!"

Breakfast...get there as early as you can so you don't have problems finding a table. Ususally it was just fine, but sometimes it was a bit of a hassel trying to find a table for the eight of us. However, after the second day, everyone just did their own thing. As a matter of fact, I found eating breakfast alone, and believe me, it was just fine!!!!!!

After breakfast, this is when the relaxing starts. I just LOVED being out on the deck with my book, my IPod and just hang out, sleeping, people watching, whatever. Never having cruised before, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was to be out on the open waters, ejoying the sun and ocean breeze. I can't even describe the feeling I had out there...It just felt sooooo good!

Every night you will recieve the Princess Patter, which is a newsletter that contains the next day's events and other info. I loved reading it at night and planning the next day. Definitely take advantage of any of the activities that interest you. I found that the entertainment at night was fun. The dancers and singers did a nice job. My favorite entertainment was the comics that performed in the evening. Sarge is hilarious, and Phil Tag was great too! Don't miss them. Also, if you are going to San Juan, don't miss Juan Carlos. He comes aboard to perform... he plays the Spanish guitar and sings! He is by far the best guitarist I've ever heard...trust me on that!

Ida, when you get on the CP, just remember that you are on vacation. That means leave all worries, responsibilites and cares off the boat and enjoy. It can be a little stressful the first day, unpacking and trying to figure out where everything is. Enjoy, enjoy! If you have any questions, just let me know. I can just go on and on here! Oh, I took Bonine once a day and had no problems with sea sickness. By the way, I've been home now for five days, and I still feel like I'm on the boat! Weird!

Sela
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

There is no balcony that can't be seen by someone. The bridge can see all the side cabins and with cameras they can see the aft also.

The only places where your fellow cruisers can't see you is if you are on the emerald deck or an aft balcony. All other decks if you can look down and see someone they can lookup and see you.
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Passenger

The caribe deck is the best because it is half covered and half out in the sun as well as they have the biggest square ft and c743 is the biggest because it is at the back of the ship so for some reason you get an extra three feet.Also when you dock you will be on the side to see land.
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Admiral

C743 looks like a standard BB cabin. It is on the Starboard side.

Sure you got the right cabin?

Old July 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Passenger

I am 100% sure have stayed in it c743 twice trust me you will not be sorry.