CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Does Princess have soda cards? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/351366-does-princess-have-soda-cards.html)

jackiesbooks May 20th, 2008 02:52 PM

Does Princess have soda cards?

Husband is a big soda drinker.

Irish Shark May 20th, 2008 03:07 PM

Yes soda cards are sold. Wait until the ship leaves before buying them and you will not pay any sales tax. A 15% tip is applied.

Dannyboy May 24th, 2008 11:30 AM

Yes

Soda cards and speciality Coffee cards are availible.

readi2go June 3rd, 2008 07:38 PM

soda cards?

Is the soda card a sticker that is put on your room card? That is what we had last time we sailed on the Golden,but that was several years ago--and we just had to show our room card to get a soda. When sailing on Holland America last fall, the card limited us to 15 sodas--not unlimited like Golden was. Thanks!!

Colorado Alison June 3rd, 2008 10:51 PM

Soda container?

Can you bring your own cup on board (using the Soda Card) and have the cup filled? Last year we went on Norweigan Cruise Lines and the glasses of soda were so small that by the time you ordered it, you needed another one.

richstacy June 3rd, 2008 11:08 PM

They give you a cup and it's pretty big.

Dannyboy June 4th, 2008 07:51 AM

Re: Soda container?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Alison
Can you bring your own cup on board (using the Soda Card) and have the cup filled? Last year we went on Norweigan Cruise Lines and the glasses of soda were so small that by the time you ordered it, you needed another one.

I have seen people bring coffee cup (Warmer Type).
I do know that Princess cruise lines issues a large Coke mug, when you purchase your soda card.

You can alwas request the bar tender to use a large glass, if you don't like holding your cup.

Happy saiiling.
Danny

Dannyboy June 4th, 2008 08:05 AM

Sales Tax

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Shark
Yes soda cards are sold. Wait until the ship leaves before buying them and you will not pay any sales tax. A 15% tip is applied.

Is the ship required to be a certin distance from shore, so sales tax is not charged?
Danny

richstacy June 4th, 2008 06:50 PM

As soon as you are in international waters, i.e. when the ship's shops open.

fishywitgills June 5th, 2008 03:33 PM

around how much are the soda cards?

richstacy June 5th, 2008 09:30 PM

As I recall, about $25 for a seven day cruise.

S.S.Oceanlover June 8th, 2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishywitgills
around how much are the soda cards?

soda cards are now $4.25 per day plus 15% gratuity. :)

Bill

Liz1 June 19th, 2008 02:49 PM

What is the benefit to buying the soda cards. Are the drinks more espensive when purchased without it???

My husband likes a "coke' once in a while but at 25.00 for 7 days - I wonder what the per drink cost would be.

S.S.Oceanlover June 19th, 2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz1
What is the benefit to buying the soda cards. Are the drinks more espensive when purchased without it???

My husband likes a "coke' once in a while but at 25.00 for 7 days - I wonder what the per drink cost would be.

It's only beneficial if you drink a lot of soda. Sodas are about $2.00 each when purchased separately.

If you only drink one or two a day it's note worth it.

If you are like me and drink 4 - 5 a day it's well worth it. :)

Bill

Hancock951 July 1st, 2008 06:25 PM

10 day Baltic soda was $47.50
Don't need to carry around the Princess cup
Ask bar tender for large coke

jackieb July 2nd, 2008 11:28 AM

My husband drinks 3 cases of diet pepsi a week. I think he's an adict :-? So yes I think it would be well worth our money to buy a soda card :D

Roger91 July 2nd, 2008 05:52 PM

it was 43 after 15% gratuity for 9 day on the caribbean princess

included coke, diet coke, sprite, and ginger ale

luvcruisn July 3rd, 2008 12:59 PM

Yes they do but why would you want one. the price of a coke is $1.95 plus 18% tip. The cost of a soda card is about forty dollars a week. You would have to drink over 3 cokes a day to break even. Tea and coffee are free. Also when yo get a soda card they give you less than if you buy a can. The best bet is to buy a coffee card. for about $27 with tip, and you get 15 drinks. Mocha, lattes and specialty drinks. If you present your card at the coffee bar you get a free brewed coffee. The dining room uses syrup.

Steve (luvcruisn)

30 cruises, 22 on Princess

jackiesbooks July 3rd, 2008 01:37 PM

We bought big insulted mugs and my husabnd used his soda card and dumped the soda directly in it. I used mine to fill up on ice tea. I think they only have Coke products. Will you husband drink DIet COKE?

jackieb July 3rd, 2008 01:49 PM

My husband prefers Pepsi, but he's not going to have a choice, coke will have to do. And who knows after drinking coke for a week he may change his mind. LOL