Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Familiar Face

Default B.A. Long Haul ?

Has anyone used BA long haul to Miami? if so what was the cabin bag weight limit on your flight?? having read the BA website on this issue it says 23kg !! this was confirmed today by E mail from BA. today......23kg in an overhead locker? just how Big are they....
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Admiral

Hi Sidari, I was on BA in March & the 23Kg sounds about right, some people were taking what seemed like VERY large cases on as hand luggage, and although the fitted overhead, it did mean that there was a lot of crushed bags squeezed in around them.

A colleague travelled Virgin from LHR to MIA & was allowed 2 x 20Kg luggage in the hold with NO excess charge, which may be useful if you're going on a cruise.

Have a great time,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old May 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Alan and Katrina...thanks for your post.....below is the reply from BA.... though 23kg seems a lot for overhead....!!

Dear Mr

Yes, a 23kg(51lbs) maximum bag weight applies and you must be able to lift the bag into the overhead lockers in the aircraft cabin unaided.

Full details of hand baggage allowances, size, contents and dimensions can be found on ba.com at:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagcabin/

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards
Megha
British Airways
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Admiral

That is pretty much the norm on all airlines.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Familiar Face

Mehawk....not All !! ...most out of the UK now only allow 5kgs of Cabin luggage and 15kg in the hold.

Longhaul i suspect will be different.....but 2 x 23 in the hold and 1 x 23 in the cabin!!! per person.