Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Passenger

Default alaska wedding... to TA or not?

i have never used a travel agent before but i have just started planning my wedding for july 2009 and am debating how to organize cruising for such a large group... when i cruised last year i booked through costco and got a bit of a deal, but i will only be booking immediate family in this circumstance but still need to find away to help friends get the best rates who are booking on their own... also is there some kind of way to get a "group discount"? i'm looking at anywhere between 12-20 people... ok, sorry, i'm rambling...

Q: what are my best options for getting good rates for a large group that will not all book together?
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Call our advertisers or, the ta thata books our group cruises, and ask if they have group space. Then, all your family will have that price, for a certain amount of time.

Just remember that, the cruise lines, can pull group space back, so it would be advantageous for all to book, in a timely manner if possible..You can also get all the perks the group does this way, as well.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'd highly recommend a good cruise travel agent when booking a large group, especially when a wedding is involved..

Congrats on the upcoming wedding/cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Passenger

how do i go about researching to find a good ta? i don't know anyone who uses travel agents so i can't get a recommendation from a friend... are their certain certifications to look for?
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Megs,
Just take a look at the agent that handles most of the Cruisemates group cruises, she'd be happy to help you.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Seems like you need to be worry free , weddings do take some doing
I would call the cruise line direct and get all reservations established with them. Then you know the group is all together
Then you can shop around online for price.
If you do find better deal you can transfer reservations to new TA
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Captain

If you can get at least sixteen of them to book with the same T/A this will apply;

Groups do bring amenities so well worth the trouble. Biggest perk is free bed for 8 cabins (one free for 15 paid). More perks for ships that aren't selling as well as the others. I suggest assigning someone else to be your group leader though because T/A will need a "contact person." I've only been doing this for a year and groups still scare me so not trying to hook a fish here. It is nice to have a middle-man since groups are labor intensive. The reason some folks like to deal with the cruise line directly is so they can pick up the phone and speak to a representative. Either way the price is the same but a good T/A will earn his/her money on a group booking. Best wishes too, Robbie