Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Default Sea Princess - 10 day Alaska Cruise childrens fare

Hi everyone,
A few friends of ours as well as us are thinking about booking a 10 alaska cruise on the sea princess out of san francisco. I searched the princess website for how much it will cost to take two children. They are ages 2 and 7. I read sometingon an older posting about it costing 3/4 of a normal adult fare. Is this correct.
Thanks in advance.
Carnival Spirit 10/11
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sea Princess - 10 day Alaska Cruise childrens fare

remerzian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi everyone,
A few friends of ours as well as us are thinking about booking a 10 alaska cruise on the sea princess out of san francisco. I searched the princess website for how much it will cost to take two children. They are ages 2 and 7. I read sometingon an older posting about it costing 3/4 of a normal adult fare. Is this correct.
Thanks in advance.
No, the comment about 3/4 adult fare is wrong. Children pay the same fare as adults.

That said, Princess DOES offer a reduced fares for the third and fourth passengers in a standard cabin or suite. IIRC, the so-called "upper berth" fare is $199 in a standard cabin, $299 in a cabin with a balcony, or $399 in a suite for a seven night cruise, and probably about $50 per passenger more for a ten night cruise..

With children ages two and seven, a standard cabin would be rather cramped -- really no room for the children to play while within the cabin. Thus, I recommend a minisuite that can accommodate four passengers. This arrangement also would provide a separate bedroom, with a privacy divider, for you and your spouse. The minisuites aboard MV Sun Princess have a great layout that affords access to the head from either the sitting room or the bedroom without going through the other room, too!

Norm.
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
Admiral

You cannot get 4 in a mini-suite. Three is the max. You can get a balcony that sleeps 4.

Price for the 3rd and 4th passenger is $751.09/pp. This includes all taxes, port fees, ad fuel supplement charges.

This is for a BC cabin.

An Ocean view category GG the fare for the 3rd and 4th passengers is $651.09/pp.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the information. I will pass it along to our friends.
Carnival Spirit 10/11