Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Diamond Princess-Deck?

My wife and I booked a 15day cruise from Alaska to China in fall 2009.
We are holding two cabins and need input from past Diamond passenger.

We have balacony staterooms on Carib deck and balcony cabin on Lido deck. Our out door privacy is important to us but the Lido deck cabin is $800-900 cheaper.
I have heard Carib balcaony cabins are half private but have no idea about Lido balcony cabins?

Help...fellow cruisers
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Admiral

- Caribe deck cabins on starboard and port sides are sized 9 ft wide x 9 ft. deep and are covered by ceiling overhang for first 5 ft. When sitting under this cover, no one from above can see you.

- Regular balcony cabins on port or starboard side of ships on decks Lido, Aloha, Baja, Riviera decks are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and are fully covered by ceiling overhang. No one can look down on you but those below can look up at you if you are standing at balcony rail.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 16th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Diamond Princess-Deck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1207
My wife and I booked a 15day cruise from Alaska to China in fall 2009.
We are holding two cabins and need input from past Diamond passenger.

We have balacony staterooms on Carib deck and balcony cabin on Lido deck. Our out door privacy is important to us but the Lido deck cabin is $800-900 cheaper.
I have heard Carib balcaony cabins are half private but have no idea about Lido balcony cabins?

Help...fellow cruisers
I you can get one, try for Carib deck C748 or C753. The are the only two balcony class aft corner cabins on board. Very private (one neighbor instead of two), balcony is completely covered, amazing views with that wrap around balcony. They're in the BB class -- likely the same as your Caribe cabin.

I have C753 on Sapphire which is the twin of the Diaamond and have pics of both ships aft cabins. They're fabulous. There is a little vibration in aft cabins, and of course the wake is right outside your balcony. But look at it this way, some of the priciest cabins on board are back there.

If I can figure out a way to upload some pics, I'll try to do it. Otherwise, try inputting "diamond princess c753" or "...c748" into webshots.com.

Cheers!
Tee

p.s. They do not always show up on the online bookings engines -- Princess or TA. Mine didn't show on the Princess site. If interested in these, you or your TA needs to contact Princess for availability.