Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default Formal Nights & Weather

We're leaving Aug 8 on the Crown for Scandinavia & Russia. Can anyone tell me which nights were the formal nights? Also, if you were on a recent cruise, what temperatures can we expect to have?
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Captain

In case no-one else is able to answer you questions, here are my 'best feeling' answers to your questions.

you can expect any day at sea to have a more formal evening, than the port days. if there is only one day at sea, then look for any half days in port, as they may use this/these for other more formal nights.

The weather over here has been quite miserable for a couple of months now, so definitely pack some wet weather gear. Temperatures around the UK & Europe are only in the 70's wioth no real sign of change in the next month, so The Baltics will probably be a couple of degrees cooler (especially whilst at sea). However any sun you do get, will be bright & strong, so will cause sun burn on unprepared/unprotected skin.

Hope you have a fantastic time,

Alan & Katrinaq

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+1), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Formal Nights & Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher
We're leaving Aug 8 on the Crown for Scandinavia & Russia. Can anyone tell me which nights were the formal nights? Also, if you were on a recent cruise, what temperatures can we expect to have?
I can't be specific but your formal nights will usually occur on your first sea day and you second to the last sea day.

I would take a look at http://www.weather.com for current and historical temps and weather conditions for the ports you will be traveling to.

We did the Baltics in May and the weather was great. Mind you, I live in Minnesota, so the weather was basically the same as home. The seas were extraordinarily smooth but I have read reports where other cruises have been rough. It just proves that, like the weather, things change day to day and week to week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Captain

Bon Voyage!
Grandeur of the Seas, 8/99
Mercury, 11/98
Century, 10/97
Fascination, 10/96