Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Beginner

Default Caribbean Princess

Going to NE and Canada end of September and worried about condition of ship before it is going into drydock. Had same situation on Celebrity Century a few years ago and condition of ship was horrible and cruise was ruined. Nervous it will be same and will be unhappy. Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

I went on it June 22nd and don't worry they keep it looking nice, cabins are nice/new, public rooms are clean/not old looking, spa/gym is very modern, pool area/bars are nice too

basically, don't worry about it

Carnival Destiny - 2000
Norwegian Dawn - April 2006
Crown Princess - June 2007
Norwegian Gem - March 2008
Caribbean Princess - July 2008
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Just keep a positive attitude and a look out for any changes in schedule. Right now, its status quo for the planned itinerary. No dry dock until January. However, it is rumored, she will get the engine fixed before she sails to San Juan for the Winter. (I hope so! I am on the 1st sailing.)

Ports in New England and Canada are close, so you won't need much power to get here from there. Have a wonderful time.

Bon Voyage
Nanatravel

Caribbean Princess
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went on it June 13th, I did a review. There were some pool titles that were cracked, a few decorative titles in the theater were mssing, a few of the drink holders were broke. That is it. It was clean, the staff was good. Go enjoy!
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Admiral

Keep in mind the future of the ship and don't concentrate on finding fault and you should have a good time.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Passenger

I just got off the Caribbean Prince Aug 15 and she is a beautiful ship. I was shocked there were 3100 passengers on that ship and it was full. There are so many places to hide! We had two balcony rooms and they were lovely. The restaurants were beautiful. They have a wonderful coffee bar, etc. They were constantly painting and sprucing here and there. You are going to have a fabulous time! The staff is incredibly nice. They are still having engine problems. We were a little late getting back to Brooklyn, but if you just go with the flow and enjoy the cruising experiencing and not set up your return home so tight, you won't have any problems at all. We had a couple hour delay getting back. For us, it meant a leisurely breakfast in the dining room and we didn't have to leave our room so early! Have a great time.
Old August 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Beginner

Default Caribbean Princess

Thanks to all for your comments. Can't wait to go. There is already an itinerary change in New Brunswick. We will go with the flow. No problem. We usually cruise Celebrity and was wondering if we have to book excursions before we get on boat. Tour reservations came already in the mail to do beforehand. We usually booked onboard for any excursions. Thanks again.