CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Balcony Guarantee Experiences?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/354558-balcony-guarantee-experiences.html)

formula1 August 7th, 2008 10:45 PM

Balcony Guarantee Experiences??

We have booked a two week Panama Canal for next April on the Island Princess. As there were not many cabin choices we booked a balcony guarantee. We have never booked this category before. Please let me know if you have and what the results were. Thanks very much.

Hub August 7th, 2008 10:55 PM

We haven't sailed yet, but we're very happy with the experience- we paid for a BE gty on the Crown Princess & were assigned a BB- next door to the named suites. I think it's gonna to be sweet! ! ! LOL

Donna August 8th, 2008 10:11 AM

A few months ago, I did the same on Star Princess for next week's Alaska cruise. Shortly after I booked, I was already assigned a cabin, still have that same cabin?? I think a lot depends on how full the ship is, I'm not expecting an upgrade at this point, but you never know. I'd just keep checking your cruise personalizer on the Princess web-site and look for a cabin #.

LizzyJane August 8th, 2008 04:33 PM

One year ago we booked our Alaskan land/cruise on the Sapphire Princes cruising 30 Aug, for a balcony room. About 5 months ago our TA called and said we could upgrade to a mini-suite for $100.00 per person, of course we jumped on that (along with two other couples going on the curise - one couple stayed with the balcony). The couple with the balcony kept their room assignment (which is a good room) and one of the mini-suite couples received their cabin number about 2 months ago. Us and our friends still do not have our cabin numbers, but show that we are guarenteed a mini-suite.

When I have talked to Princess lately they tell me that there is a good chance that we will be upgraded - the longer the wait the better the chances. I don't know how true that is, but I like to think it is true! I would do the guarentee again - our prices were great and now I have hope of an "even-better" mini-suite for the last part of our vacation.

Hope this helps.

collettet August 26th, 2008 02:01 PM

Gty received an Upgrade

Caribbean Princess
We selected BE gty (all that was available for BE).
1 month later received an upgrade to AC.
Not good for us: we found that the AC suite balconies were uncovered. I downgraded to a balcony room because AD (covered) suite was WAIT LISTED.

On Royal Caribbean cruise ship I gty'd a balcony room. The room was assigned two days later (no upgrade). It was a good room and a good location. We were very happy.

So based on my experience you could get lucky....or not.

Hope this helps.
:-?

jackieb August 26th, 2008 04:40 PM

We booked the BE and we received BB. Haven't been yet but everyone says its a pretty good upgrade

DeepSpace August 26th, 2008 09:08 PM

A few years ago we cruise the canal on the Coral. We had cat. BB and it was on of the best trips we have ever taken.

subtropic August 27th, 2008 01:32 AM

The last time I booked a balcony guaranteed cabin we got upgraded to a junior suite so sometimes you make out pretty well.

mjrider August 28th, 2008 11:25 AM

Twice on CP, both times upgraded to BB.