Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Beginner

Default Anyone got a shotglass from sun princess june/july 2008

Hi, I would dearly love to contact anyone who may have a souvenir shot glass from the above cruise (or any other cruise who may have had similar shot glasses). I am anxious to purchase one and can provide a photo if necessary. I broke one that my sister-in-law treasured and had not even had a drink out of yet and if you knew how bad I feel you would understand why I would like to get a replacement. There is a ball shape on the base and the glass in the ball is a gold colour. Hope to hear from you if you have any suggestions as to how I can get one. I have rung the company but they said the glasses are on the ship and they can't do anything for me. Even if a staff member could supply the name of the manufacturer I could may be able to contact them. Here's hoping you can help me. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I'm sorry that I can't help you but I moved your post here so more people could see it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Old August 15th, 2008, 08:25 AM
First Mate

Hi magoo1- I think the shot glass you're referring to is the center one in this photo. We also broke one in our set & were hoping to replace it on our last cruise in June. We received all of ours as a gift being Elite members & when we went back to the wine tasting event they now gave us the "newer" ones pictured on the sides.
We thought we were out of luck but then at the one day sale that Princess holds toward the end of most of their cruises (in the dr) they had the older ones for sale for $3.99 each. I don't know how long they'll have them for sale since they want to get rid of the stock, so I'd find someone who is sailing soon & have them pick you up one.

Old August 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Passenger

http://www.worldmarket.com/

I saw all kinds of colors at the store nearby.
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Default shot glass hunt

Thanks for your comments. The one in the middle is exactly the glass but the base was amber colour. Good to know there may still be some available. Might post another subject line asking if anyone is about to travel soon and would be willing to try and hunt one up. But once again thanks for your time. Cheeers. Anne.
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Beginner

Default Shot glass hunt

Biggaybob

Soooo excited.

Marketplace has a set with red bases on their website and I have just emailed them about the amber colour. I think I will buy the red as my sister would like these too and if they have the amber I will give her the choice but just so pleased to be able to replace the broken one and redeem myself a little.
She had just had my husband and me to stay for a week and the night before we were leaving I broke the glass. (We weren't even using them, they hadn't been used yet). I felt terrible and she was not happy so this will definitely help with my conscience at least.

Can't thank you enough.
Cheers, Anne. New Zealand.