Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Beginner

Default Pacific Princess November 4th 2008 Holy Land. Private Tours

We are booked on the November 4th 2008 Holy Land Cruise and like many others been searching for independent tours for both Egypt and Israel. We would rather not join the cattle herd on the over-priced and under-rated packages provided by the cruise line.

We have a group of 4 and are looking for up to 6 more adventurers!

Final Itinerary. Pricing may change as numbers change (the higher the numbers, the lower the cost):

EGYPT: 2 days with Temo Tours. Cost is $185 per person for Guide admissions and Transportation. Itinerary includes:,

Day 1

Brief tour of Alexandria,followed by full day at the Sphinx, Pyramids of Giza, Step Pyramid of Sakkara, Light show at Sphinx and Nile dinner cruise.

Day 2

Full tour of Egyptian Museum including Mummy room. Subject to availability we may be able to enter the Great Pyramid. Citadel Mohamed Ali Mosque and transfer to ship.

Accomodations are paid seperately. We have reserved the Le Meridien Pyramids at $167/night.

ISRAEL: 2 days with Avitours. Cost is $245 for guide and transportation. Admission fees paid as you go in local currency.

Driving from Haifa you will go first to Nazareth where you will visit the Church of the Annunciation and from here you'll go to Cana where you will visit the Wedding Church. After seeing Cana, you will head next to the Mt. of Beatitudes and Capernaum. You'll visit the Baptismal Site on the Jordan River and go from there through the Jordan Valley, passing by Jericho on the way to Jerusalem. Once in Israel's beautiful capitol city you will drive to one of the panoramic viewpoints (either Mt. of Olives or Mt. Scopus) and then you'll head to your hotel where you'll check in and spend the night. After a good night's sleep, you will check out of your hotel and begin your second full day tour, beginning with a tour of the Old City of Jerusalem beginning with Mt. Zion, then on to the Jewish Quarter (the Cardo, the Western Wall), the Christian Quarter (the Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre), the Arab Quarter (with its terrific markets) and Jaffa Gate. Additional sights include of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations, Wailing Wall, Burnt House, Tabgha –church of Multiplication and a half day trip to the dead sea to float - weather permitting.

Accommodations are paid separately and are $225/night at the Hotel Eldan.

For both tours a gratuity of 15-20% of the guide and transportation cost is customary and is not included in the totals.

If you are interested in joining our trips please email me at srwade01@att.net and we can go into more detail
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Beginner

Would be very interested in joining your group (spouse and I.)
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Would be very interested in joining your group (spouse and I.)

Old Faithful - I have left you a private message with my phone number or you can email me at the address in the original post. Please contact me ASAP so that we can include you in our group.

thanks!
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Admiral

We're looking at the Holy Land cruise for next May. In 2001, I was booked on the Millennium that stopped in Alexandria. Ship handled the tours very well. Met a group who had booked independently and near didn't make it back to the ship. English speaking guide left them in Cairo and the driver did not speak any english. They were running late and could not communicate with the driver on how to contact the ship.

Just something to consider. There are some ports I would not do independent tours on and Israel and Egypt are 2 of them.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Familiar Face

We were booked on that same cruise but then cancelled when Princess told us that if there were not enough passengers signed up for those very pricy, overnight shore excursions into Cairo and Jerusalem that we were considering, they would not offer them--and we wouldn't find out until the last minute.

We ended up opting for a 15-day land tour of Egypt, Israel and Jordan in November because we ultimately decided we wanted to spend more time in both Egypt and Israel.

Your itineraries sound GREAT though--hope you can find more participants. We will have a great trip, but will definitely miss "cruising" there!!
2003 Mississippi Queen
2004 HAL Westerdam
2005 Norwegian Jewel
2007 Norwegian Sun
2009 HAL Westerdam
2010 RCI Vision Of The Seas
2011 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam
2014 Norwegian Jewel