Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Passenger

Default Back of the Ship Suite - How is the View?

Good Morning,

Originally we had payed for a cabin with a balcony and my TA called with a special of $100.00 a person we could be upgraded to a mini-suite. Well it is 3 days until we leave for Alaska (our cruise is not until the 30th though) and we finally recieved our cabin number. We were upgraded to a suite!! We are on the Sapphire Princess, Dolphin deck with a VS suite (on the back of the ship). Has anyone ever stayed in a suite on te back of a ship and if so how was the scenic part of the cruise? My husband thinks that we will miss out on the glacier sightings and some of the land that we pass - I think that we will still be able to see something.

Any information will be welcome - thanks cruisemates patrons!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Captain

Default Re: Back of the Ship Suite - How is the View?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyJane
Good Morning,

Originally we had payed for a cabin with a balcony and my TA called with a special of $100.00 a person we could be upgraded to a mini-suite. Well it is 3 days until we leave for Alaska (our cruise is not until the 30th though) and we finally recieved our cabin number. We were upgraded to a suite!! We are on the Sapphire Princess, Dolphin deck with a VS suite (on the back of the ship). Has anyone ever stayed in a suite on te back of a ship and if so how was the scenic part of the cruise? My husband thinks that we will miss out on the glacier sightings and some of the land that we pass - I think that we will still be able to see something.

Any information will be welcome - thanks cruisemates patrons!
We had a suite on the back of the ship and the views were by far the best of any cabin on the ship. We have sailed in mini suites with a balcony many times and there is just no comparison between the two. Of our twelve wonderful cruises to Alaska the one with the rear facing suite was the best. The rear suites are the best on the ship and that is especially true for an Alaskan cruise. You will not miss anything and in fact will see more of the scenery than anyone else on board. Another advantage is that you will be out of the wind and weather. The panoramic views that you will see are absolutely breathtaking. Take lots of film or memory cards for your camera - you are going to need them! You are very lucky indeed!!!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Familiar Face

You have won the lottery in my opinion. We have been on Diamond twice to Alaska and both times we were in B753. You will be blown away by the views. I would never go to Alaska unless I were in a aft cabin. The views were not only spectacular but you don't have to worry about the wind.

Can't wait to hear from you upon your return.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Thank you all for the information. I feel truly blessed - my dream vacation and then we are upgraded to a unbelievable suite. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Default Back Suites

The suite at the back are the best!!
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Admiral

The suite is fine, but the view... you see where you have been, not where you are going.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

AND, You don't have anyone looking down into your balcony! Enjoy.
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Beginner

That's all I ever book. Which is why I only sail Princess and HAL since they are the only ships that offer the full suites aft. I love the views, the sound of the wake, and the privacy. The only detraction on Princess ships is the huge AC vent which can be noisy if you have a suite right next to it. You don't notice it much at sea, but in port you do. But it doesn't bother me enough to want to ever change.