Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Default Princess vs. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

We have traveled on RRCL ships 11 times and on 1 princess ship. We always stay in a balcony room (Highest level of catagory).

On the RRCL the balcony rooms felt bigger than the princess ship. RCCL had couchs and desk. Princess had chair and desk.

Which cruise line do you like best?
And why?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Admiral

I get a mini-suite on Princess and a Jr. Suite on RCI.

I like Princes better. Two TVs. RCI felt larger, but I don't know if it really is.

Balcony uncovered for me is just fine.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
First Mate

We like Princess very much. We always have a balcony, and its just the right size for us.

We also love the service, the food and the crew. The ships are very well kept and beautiful.
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Admiral

They are both very good. I must admit I do like the smaller ships, Princess Sun class is my first choice. We choose by destination now. I do not think any of the repeater programs are enough to make me pick one line over another. Happy sailing. Mike
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Passenger

DITTO what Travel Mike said. They are both very good cruise lines.
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Passenger

We like them both! It adds variety to our cruising experience.
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Captain

Default Re: Princess vs. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by collettet
We have traveled on RRCL ships 11 times and on 1 princess ship. We always stay in a balcony room (Highest level of catagory).

On the RRCL the balcony rooms felt bigger than the princess ship. RCCL had couchs and desk. Princess had chair and desk.

Which cruise line do you like best?
And why?
Thanks.
Hi collettet:

Having cruised to Alaska on Princess, Holland America and Celebrity, my favorite is Princess with HAL a close second. The big advantage that Princess and HAL have is that they can go into Glacier Bay, while Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are not allowed to go into Glacier Bay. Princess has the most experience and in my opinion does the best job in really taking an interest in showing off Alaska. On our last cruise to Alaska we passed some bears playing along the shore while cruising out of Glacier Bay and the Captain stopped the ship and turned around so that the passengers on the other side could also see the bears. I can't think of any other cruise line that would take that kind of interest in really showing off all the sights of Alaska!

If you check prices often the Princess mini-suites are only $100 pp, or so, more than the price of regular balcony cabins. For me, having the extra room is well worth the money.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Just back from cruising to Alaska on RC, previous 4 on Princess all balconies.

I prefer Princess but would definitely sail on RC again as well. Just some personal taste difference.

Definitely found I had more room on the Princess balcony room.

Also, the dinner service was far superior on Princess. The dining room on RCI was massive and loud and you could barely move around between tables.

The Princess had a much better dinner atmosphere and better presentation of food.

Also did not like RCI tipping policy....you had choice of envelopes OR
prepaid tips...which meant the last night the staff were hovering like vultures for the envelopes....much better to have a set amount that you can increase if you desire.
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
First Mate

Thank you guys for your replies. I am in the early stages of planning Alaska, and both lines are a possiblity, but leaning toward Princess.

Our last Alaska cruise was on HAL. We love HAL, but for logistics reasons, probably can't do HAL.

We are big "foodies", and I've read many times that dining is better on Princess.

So thanks again !

Pat

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x