Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Beginner

Default FLL to MIA?

Sailing on the Coral Princess in Feb out of Ft. Lauderdale. Using my free air with American I can only fly into Miami and depart at noon from Miami. Does this allow me enough time to get to the Miami airport? I do not have to use the Princess Bus, I can take private transportation. Thanks for you help
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Familiar Face

If you use the express checkout (carry your bags yourself) and have transportation back to MIA you may make it. We have had good luck with this in the past. Just be sure of the time the ship is in port.
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Let the pursers desk know you have an early flight, but the disembarkation process goes fairly smoothly, unless there is a customs issue.

It's about an hrs drive .. don't use the ship shuttle, because you will have to wait for the bus to fill up to leave.....try this option or similar shuttle/limo services, which offers several vehicle options, and you shouldn't have any issues.

http://www.southfloridashuttles.com/

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Admiral

totally agree with Trip on this one
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Beginner

Generally the ships dock really early unless there is some probelm that delays them. They are usually tied up by 7am. As previously posted, pack light enough to where you can disembark on your own and carry your own bags. Princess has onboard self service laundry facilities that are fairly reasonable so packing lighter is not as tough as it may seem. Also the "formal" nights are not enforced strictly so you can dress down a little if you wish and skip the tux and evening dress. FLL-MIA is about 1hr in traffic. The above steps coupled with online check in should give you plenty of time. I would not be too worried about making the flight unless you have a delay in docking.