CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sapphire Princess Mini-suite (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/355769-sapphire-princess-mini-suite.html)

dsj22 September 6th, 2008 02:25 PM

Sapphire Princess Mini-suite

Hi. We are a family of 4 with 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 18 month old who will need to sleep in a crib. On the Sapphire, would you choose a Dolphin or Emerald mini-suite? We don't mind if the balcony is exposed, but do not want to be under Club Fusion/near a "noisy" area. Any difference fore or aft?
Thanks!

dmaikui September 6th, 2008 09:04 PM

Mini-Suite

We were in a mini-suite on the Dolphin all the way forward. I will tell you that if you are anywhere in the middle of the ship you feel overwhelmed with the amount of people looking down on your balcony. Either forward or aft would be better, the further away from the middle the better. The only thing I could think of between the Dolphine and Emerald would be one less deck looking down on you; however, remember people can look up at you too.

Lots of luck!

LisaK September 9th, 2008 11:22 AM

Dolphin and Caribe decks are my decks of choice. I prefer to be midships because of the ease of access to everything on the ship and the stability. I must say that i never felt overwhelmed by the amount of cabins that could look down on us, in order for you to look up at the cabins you must stand at the outside rail, turn around and look up

lak1 September 11th, 2008 01:49 PM

Emerald mini-suites are the BEST !!!

dmaikui September 11th, 2008 02:19 PM

lak1:

Why do you prefer the Emerald mini-suite vs. other Princess tiered ships? I just curious as I have yet to travel on that ship and am always looking for a good cabin.

Irish Shark September 11th, 2008 02:24 PM

Emerald mini-suites are totally covered.

dmaikui September 11th, 2008 06:03 PM

GREAT TO KNOW!

lak1 September 12th, 2008 04:09 PM

I think there's some confusion regarding my comment - I meant that mini-suites on the Emerald DECK are the best because the balconies are completely covered and cannot be seen from above. The mini-suites on the Emerald SHIP are just like those on all other larger Princess ships - completely uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck mini-suites and completely covered ones on Emerald deck mini-suites.

To the original poster, I'd suggest taking a mini-suite on Emerald deck if you can still get one. (That's my opinion.)

lak1

dmaikui September 12th, 2008 04:37 PM

OH! I thought you were talking about the Emerald Princess, DUH! Thanks for clearing that up............still great to know.
:roll:
Di

DeepSpace September 12th, 2008 11:07 PM

I agree Emerald mini-suites are the best. I think you will love it.
Have a great cruise.