Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise docs?

This is our first cruise and I want to know if I have is a Passport, credit card, DL, and boarding pass , will I be able to board the ship or do I need anything else?

Sassy
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Admiral

That's all you really need. To speed things up you can download your CC authorization form and fill it out and sign it.

If you don't have it, no big deal. You can do it at the check-in counter.

And don't forget some $$$.

"Express Check-In
Most embarkation ports offer the convenience and ease of Express Check-In. To qualify, simply provide us with your completed Passenger Immigration Form, including the registration of your credit card, at least 45 days in advance of your cruise. This will save you time and help us make your embarkation easier, so you can start enjoying your cruise even sooner.

Preferred Check-In is provided for Platinum and Elite Members of the Princess Captain's Circle and passengers occupying full suites. Have your documents or Membership card handy when you arrive at the cruise check-in area."

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer...leave/care.jsp

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
First Mate

Sounds like you have everything you need + $$$$$$

Have a great cruise.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:10 AM
First Mate

You don't say where the cruise takes you. That too may be important when it comes to documentation.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Beginner

Default RE.....

Thank you for all the quick response. We are going to Mexico and I did fill everything out on the cruise personalizer including all our excursions.
I am doing all the planning for this cruise for us and another couple and I just want to be sure that I have done everything right.

Sassy
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Passenger

Default documents

I've cruised extensively for the last 14 years, and Princess pulled a new one on me this time. My next cruise is from Rome to Fort Lauderdale, stopping at about 12 places in three continents. A few days AFTER the 60 day cancellation period arrived, Princess notified all of its customers that they required a visa for the vist to Forteleza, Brasil. This amounts to a $400 surcharge for each cabin. You cannot board without this visa. This amount means that the ship's clients must fork over more than a half million dollars in total to Brasil, in addition to the regular port charges, for the joy of visiting the port of Forteleza... our only stop in Brazil... for a three hour stroll. There is no chance I would have agreed to this surcharge if I had known about it at the time of booking.... a fact that I'm sure Princess is aware of.
So... do you have all of your doucments? You may not know until it`s too late. Fror me, from now on, before I pass that deadline, I`ll be asking a few more questions.
And they won`t be on a Princess cruise.

paul
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
First Mate

Our first requirement for a Brazilian visa was for a cruise up the Amazon to Manaus. In addition, we had to have and prove we had our Yellow Fever shots. All very annoying, costly and time consuming when one thinks that all this requirement is for but one cruise.

However, not long after that we found the cruise you were on, only in reverse, and as our Brazilian visas are good for five years and the Yellow Fever shots for ten, we were fully prepared. So we looked at the cost situation as being amortized over two cruises.

In a few weeks we will be on our way to Ecuador where the Yellow Fever vaccination is required and so that too needs no further attention. You never know when or where these requirements will be needed again.
Old October 14th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Beginner

Thanks for all the responses. I am ready to go.