Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default swimming pools on Princess

Hi, I am new to this website so I appologize if this has been answered in the past. I have read that Princess has fresh water pools, do they have clorine in them? I also understand that children with swim diapers are not allowed in the pools on other lines is that also the rule on Princess? I will be taking my grandson and he is working on potty training, but probably won't be complete by then and we don't want to break any rules. I forgot to mention the Crown is the ship. Thanks for any help, we just couldn't find the info anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, its true, Princess does use "fresh" water in their pools along with clorine.

NOt sure about the pools with kids in diapers, I'm pretty sure that is a no-no. They do have some kids pools, may-be the rules there are different..

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Thank You Donna, They just don't make it very clear and we don't want to do the wrong thing.
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Beginner

It is true that only completely toilet trained children are allowed in the big pools on Princess ships.

In the kids club area, there should be a small pool for little ones. If you call Princess directly, they can give you the information on the Crown specifically. I know the Caribbean Princess has one on the back of deck 16. I am not sure of the rules for those pools, but they sure look like they were made for the 4 and under group as they are small.
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Thanks Twincruisermom, I am on my cruise right now and they do allow toddlers in swim diapers in the pool on the 17th deck behind the kids club. I was pleasantly supprised to find this out since we weren't expecting to be able to let him swim. The pool seems to have a filtration system that is going all the time, but actually all the times we have been up there I have seen no accidents. The parents using this area seem to be very attentive to their littleones.