Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Default Princess Disappointment

My first chance to cruise with Princess and we have been notified that they cannot get flights for us on the Sunday (the day we return. They will fly us back on the Monday, which would be wonderful however, I am in the education business and cannot be away on the Monday.
I booked the cruise in June and went with the Princess flights because they were more reasonably priced coming from Canada.

Now my perfect holidy for New Years has to be changed ... with very little time to do it and certainly at a far more expensive rate.

Disappointing!

j
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
First Mate

It would be nice to think that you are near the US border and an airport for we can tell you that we now drive across the border and fly from the nearest US airport to our embarkation. Not only do we have more flights to choose from but also our most recent deal was less than half of what we would have had to pay here in Canada. Something to think about if applicable.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
First Mate

I don't know your whole story, can you call the airlines? Did they 'go under' or is it possible they have cut back there flights?

Since I don't know (yet) how Princess Airlines work (I'll find out next August), I would probably try to contact Princess again to ask if there were any alternatives they could suggest.

Let us know how you made out. Good Luck!

Old September 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Passenger

It's unfortunate you can't get the day or days off you need, Princess has always put us up in great accomodations in that situation, and we look forward to the extra holiday.

Roger

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Beginner

The airline has not gone under, basically they have reduced the flights going into San Juan. This is the Southern Carribean over New Years. I booked through a travel agent so she has been on it all day. However, since we did book in June, we would have looked for diiferent flights if we had to. But Princess was cheaper even at that time. The busiest time of the year to travel. I realize that. However, being in this profession I can not take the first day back to work off. They really didn't have a solution for me except 'that is too bad'. But what I have paid for so far is refundable.. That really doesnt help with my holiday.

Yes there are other options .. different date, but everything, including children, had been taken care of. now have to TRY to do it all over again. Like I said disappointed.
Not my first cruise but it is the first with Princess.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Beginner

I have never used Princess Air. I have been reading these boards for a couple of years and have heard enough horror stories to know better.

Princess Air is NOT part of Princess Cruises. They farm out the flights to third parties that will make the worst connections and incontinent times to save them $5. I can guarantee that there are flights available for the day you want, but the profit margin isn’t big enough.
Old October 4th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Familiar Face

This happened to me in June.

I had a free voucher from Southwest to get from the east coast to the west coast, connecting to Jetblue to get to PR. Our cruise on Carnival sailed out of PR.

I booked Jetblue 4 months in advance. As soon as the the block of flights opened up on Southwest I found out Jetblue had cancelled a perfect flight to PR. I would have arrived in PR at 10:00 a.m., instead I did not get there until after 5:00 p.m. I had to spend the night before, which I planned on to get the early flight. I had to stay the night after because I missed my connecting flight from Miami back to S.F. I tried to get comped by Jetblue, but my complaints fell on deaf ears. This was before the gas prices surged.

I was very disappointed, but the cruise was great. I am sure you will have a great time too.

PJ
1995 Carnival Sensation
1996 Carnivasl Holiday
1997 RCCL Legend of the Seas
1998 Carnival Facination
2000 Carnival Celebraton
2001 Carnivasl Triumph
2002 Carnival Spirit
2003 and 2004 Conquest (2004 bingo winner)

2000 Carnival Celebration
Old October 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Try finding a flight to the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area over Spring Break(late March/early April). Last I checked nearly every airline is sold out during that period. It just so happens my cruise coincides with Spring Break so it is tough. Granted I am taking about 2 weeks total between the 7 day cruise plus some me time in Miami. Just tough all around anymore as far as flights go.
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

That too bad. We have used Princess Air before and had no problem. In fact quite the opposite, but things are changing all over, I hope you are able to work it out.
Old October 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Beginner

Great news .. rebooked ..... totally different cruise ... but over Christmas ... sadly the family will just have to do without.
Still with Princess ... had to give it a chance.
thanks for all the positives ....
Old October 14th, 2008, 06:18 AM
First Mate

that's great, glad it all worked out!

Old October 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Admiral

glad things worked out for you, but just for future reference, you can usually always do better if you book your air separate, the cruise lines aren't in the air business and the flights that they usually purchase are junky horrible connecting flights