CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Coral Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/356905-coral-princess.html)

georgen October 3rd, 2008 09:33 AM

Coral Princess

Travelling on the Coral Princess on Nov.4th. My first time with Princess....Previously cruised with Royal Caribbean. Booked in for 2nd. sitting of tradional dining. 1st. is booked out. Not happy about it.Would it be possible to change to anytime dining and if so would i get a table for 2 before 6.30...What's the food like at the buffet at night?...Any suggestions would be appreciated

TravelBugs October 3rd, 2008 03:39 PM

You have three options.

1. Leave your 2nd seating traditional booking in place and see if you can make a change to the first seating once you get on the ship.

2. Have yourself taken off the 2nd seating traditional and put on the waiting list for 1st seating.

3. Change to anytime dining and once on board, see if you can make a standing reservation for 2. I've read on the boards that the prime-time for anytime dining is between 6-8...so, you may have a better chance for a standing reservation before/after these hours.

Obviously, each option has it's pros/cons.

Hope these suggestions are helpful. :D

We've always eaten in the dining room, so I can't speak to the evening offerings at the buffet. But, I've always found the selections for breakfast or lunch fine.

Just have to remember cruise food fare is not equivalent to gormet cooking. :)

We sailed on the Coral and loved the ship. Enjoy!

Donna October 3rd, 2008 09:13 PM

I was also on a waitlist for early seating, 200 in front of me....Never got it, so we had the anytime, which worked out fine, we even did the buffett a night or two. We did notice that even getting there at 6:00, it was always a 2 hour dinner and then we went to the show and couldn't get 2 seats...We then tried the buffet and ate in half the time, very good food too, so you can do that as well.

CruzNut October 4th, 2008 12:49 AM

I've sailed on the Coral 4 times and love it ... soon to be sailing on her sister ship, the Island, for the 2nd time.

I'd recommend you keep the late traditional dining and speak to the maitre 'd once you get on board about early sitting. The thing about traditional dining is that you can go to anytime dining anytime if you wish. But if you're on anytime dining, you cannot go to traditional.

I've always been pleased with the dining room food, so haven't tried the buffet for dinner - but I do eat there for breakfast and lunch.

georgen October 6th, 2008 03:05 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies.....As my partner said we won't starve....Will let you know how we get on.