CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Are the menus on the Princess the same as Carnival? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/356964-menus-princess-same-carnival.html)

ninamarie October 5th, 2008 02:17 AM

Are the menus on the Princess the same as Carnival?

Yeah, Yeah I know...I have another question about Princess?

Are the menus the same as Carnivals? I know at one time I was able to retreive the daily menus prior to the Carnival cruise and then I knew what we were to expect. Also, do the have the 24 hr pizzeria /ice cream on the Star Princess? I know the Carnival Conquest and the Ectasy had a sandwich grill that was pretty handy and quick...

You all have been so helpful....
Thanks again

Ninamarie :wink:

NanaShrek October 6th, 2008 12:06 PM

Menus are different. Food opinions are very subjective, but I prefer the food on Princess for both variety and taste. They have pizza (pretty good IMHO), but not 24 hrs unless it's changed recently. They do not have the self serve ice cream. You can get ice cream in the dining rooms and in the Horizon Court late in the afternoon. They also have a Haagen Daas stand (for a fee), they are usually open from lunch to dinnertime I think. I don't mind paying the extra I see something that I want. :) I think you can purchase a card for the ice cream... at least I think I heard that. Don't know for certain though. There is a grill ~ hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, fries, etc. We enjoyed it.

DeepSpace October 7th, 2008 02:31 AM

We have sailed on both cruise lines and the menus are different. We prefer the food on the Princess ships.

I am sure you will find something that will enjoy.

Donna October 7th, 2008 08:49 AM

Yep, they are a bit different. I think you'll find a bit more pasta on Princess than Carnival. Buffets are also different, Princess has wonderful choices in Horizon Court. We even ate there twice for dinner and it was great. Much quicker than in the dining room.

ninamarie October 8th, 2008 10:19 PM

Thanks for the info....

Ninamarie

spencercoop October 8th, 2008 11:57 PM

Even though they are all part of Carnival Ciorp they will be slightly different, but somethings should be the same.

katlady October 10th, 2008 09:59 AM

Last time I cruised on Princess it was the Star Princess in 2003 they had a dish I loved. It was fettucine alfredo and they put it in this cheese bowl it was so good. :D Does anyone know if they still have that? We did personal choice dining on that cruise and it was on the menu every night.

worthew8 October 10th, 2008 06:29 PM

mmmm, cheese bowl, now you've got my attention! LOL

ninamarie October 10th, 2008 10:04 PM

Thanks again ..

Is the room service pretty good? I know on the Carnival, when we ordered room service, it seemed like we got a zillion plates with covers just for toast and sliced fruit... Maybe that is how it is supposed to be?
All in all, the breakfast was good considering you dont have to get completely dressed......... :wink: ......... :oops:

ninamarie