Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Beginner

Default Star Princess Alaska..is this a good deal??

My SIL sent this out to family, her company has gotten a good rate supposedly but not sure this is the best deal. Can you please comment? I have never been on an Alaska Cruise but want to go. We had a Cruise booked this year for the NCL Pearl but had to cancel since I got pregnant and cruise was 3 weeks before my due date.

Alaka Cruise July 5th-12th seattle, Ketchican, tracy Arm, Jujneau, skagway, Victoria, Seattle

Total cost Inside cabin Category J $1577.00 per person per person, based
on availability and include cruise fare,roundtrip air from Phoenix, transfers,port charges, taxes, and fuelsurcharges. also includes $50 onboard credit per cabin.

Is this a good deal for 2 adults and 2 kids for 1 cabin (a baby and a preschooler). I'm a little nervous about using their air since we do not know the schedule or airline. Would be be better off booking with another line, and airfare seperately? I really wanted to try NCL Pearl buthavent looked at their pricing recently.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Its looks like an OK price and that included air. You may want to check what just the cruise is and price air yourself and pick your own flights.

I was just on Star for Alaska in Aug, lovely trip, you'll love it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

That sounds like a good price. I am assuming that is the price for the first two people though and there's a price break for the toddler and definitely for the baby that won't require a seat on a flight?

Something to keep in mind: Alaskan (and summer) cruises are usually more money than Caribbean cruises so you have to keep that in mind when you're trying to figure out if you got a good deal or not.

Kim
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Familiar Face

Sounds like a pretty good deal but....

For that cruise I would seriously consider an outside balcony. We ordered RS the day before Tracy Arm and never left the cabin until afternoon.

While sailing to Victoria we saw killer whales dancing off the starboard beam. Humpbacks too up near Juneau.

All from our cabin.

Just a thought.