CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Transportation - airport to port - Los Angeles - Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/357349-transportation-airport-port-los-angeles-princess.html)

medontelord October 15th, 2008 02:20 PM

Transportation - airport to port - Los Angeles - Princess

What is the best (i.e. least expensive) way to get from the Los Angeles airport to the port that Princess Cruises uses (San Pedro pier)?

davejohn October 16th, 2008 07:03 AM

Least? It has to be SuperShuttle. $17 pp from LAX to San Pedro pier.

www.supershuttle.com.

Jeff of Torrance October 16th, 2008 05:36 PM

The cheapest trip is to use public transportation. You catch the "LOT C" bus outside of your arrival terminal at LAX. From LOT C, walk to the LAX Metro bus terminal, and catch the "232 Line" bus, which will go from Lot C to downtown Long Beach. However, you will need to "transfer" (costs about an extra 10 cents from the 232 bus to the 445 when the bus stops at the intersection of "Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1)" and the Harbor freeway (110 freeway). You need to get up to the busway at the upper freeway level (they have elevators, I think). Ride the 445 to "San Pedro Park N Ride Lot II, which is across the street from the cruise terminal.

Here's the description from the Metro's website. Don't pay attention to the actual times, as my search just happened to be for the next available schedule when I did the search. The 232 bus runs about every 15 or 20 minutes during weekeday, from about 6:00 am until 6:00 pm. It is less frequest on weekends and evenings.:

You are traveling on Thursday and Arriving at 2:21PM . Fare class: Regular. Max walk: 1/3 Mile. Mode: ANY.

Starting at LAX AIRPORT
Ride Metro Local Line 232( LONG BEACH TRANSIT MALL) heading west
To: PACIFIC COAST/FIGUEROA PL(SW corner) Ar: 02:05PM
Pay $1.25, Monthly Pass: $62.00, (EZ Pass accepted)
Ride Metro Express Line 445 (SAN PEDRO - PACIFIC-21ST) heading south
To: HARBOR BEACON PARK N RIDE LOT Ar: 02:29PM
Pay $1.85, Monthly Pass: $80.00, (EZ Pass accepted)
Ending at SAN PEDRO II PARK AND RIDE
Total cash fare = $3.10 *For this trip consider a Metro Day Pass
Trip time is about 1 hour and 32 minutes.
Trip distance is about 20.61 miles.

davejohn October 16th, 2008 05:48 PM

And what are the luggage restrictions on the city buses?

As long as we're being ridiculous, it's actually cheaper to walk from LAX to the pier. :roll:

medontelord October 17th, 2008 08:35 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I guess 'cheapest' was not the best word to use as walking is a valid(?) option. the shuttle sounds good for $17.00.

davejohn October 18th, 2008 09:00 AM

If you book with them online, try using coupon code UYR59. It was good for $3 off pp when I booked a couple of months sgo.

medontelord October 20th, 2008 08:26 AM

Thanks

Davejohn
Thanks for the coupon code. Much appreciated.