Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Default Sapphire Princess Review, Part 7

Sapphire Princess, Part 7

Thursday Oct. 16, Leaving Cabo San Lucas

The day was still young when we returned from our excursion in Cabo San Lucas, and we enjoyed spending the afternoon in and around the aft pool on the Sapphire Princess.

I ended the afternoon at the Conservatory pool because the music played in there was soothing and relaxing, and I fell asleep on one of the comfortable padded lounge chairs.

James and I had enjoyed our suite all week, but had yet to try out our Jacuzzi bath tub. Since we were both full of sand from our beach adventure, we decided this would be as good a time as any.

I thought bubbles would be a nice touch, so I emptied a tiny bottle of bath gel that I found in our bathroom, into the jacuzzi as it filled.
Having never had a jacuzzi, I didn't know that you really don't need bubbles to make bubbles!
Our tub was soon overflowing with bubbles everywhere! I had to put them on my head to stop them from going over the top!

James poured me a glass of wine, and I toasted CruiseMates as I had a leisurely soak in the tub!

This was our 2nd formal night on board, and we met up with Penny and Heather again for some quick portraits between their dinner and our dinner.

They told us about their day's excursion, The Premier Cabo Yacht Experience, and how much they had loved it!

They had boarded a 72’ private yacht for a cruise along Lover’s Beach, Land’s End, a Sea Lion Colony, the Arch, and past the homes of the rich and famous. They also did some snorkeling for the first time ever.

They also participated in fishing and caught a fish!

But apparently, the highlight of their day was their tour guide Carlos, and I can see why!

This evening we enjoyed another wonderful dinner in the International Dining Room, with our tablemates Frank, Don and Shirley.
Every meal with them was entertaining and fun, and this evening's meal culminated with the waiters' Baked Alaska Parade.

After dinner this evening, instead of seeing the main show "Piano Man" which we'd seen twice already on the Caribbean Princess, we decided to see comedian/magician Scott Alexander instead, in the Explorer's Lounge.
He was good, but nothing special. Afterwards, we headed to the Atrium for the spectacular Chamapagne Waterfall.

Aside from being a visual treat, the Champagne Waterfall is also a party atmosphere, with a live band, and the cruise staff letting loose, dancing with the passengers.

Free champagne and tiny cookies were served, and there was quite a crowd. You could have your photo taken pouring champagne onto the waterfall, and streamers were let loose from the upper balconies of the atrium, adding colour to the festivities.

The celebrations and the champagne went on until midnight, when the party moved to Skywalkers Disco, and we moved off to bed!
Good Night from our suite's balcony!

donna