Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Personal Choice dining

On formal night, is it acceptable to dress in smart casual clothes if eating in the Personal choice dining room?

Pamie
Celebrity Mercury - Pacific Northwest
Star Princess - Mexico
Royal Caribbean - Baja, Catalina
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

NO
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Nope, personal choice dining is the same dress code as traditional in the dining room. If you don't want to dress, you can always go to the Horizon Court.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Familiar Face

Pamie ....are you not going to dress up with the rest of us ? by the way there will be a Meet and Greet on the Sunday morning 30th Nov at around 9-30 am at the rear or Aft of the ship ...why not pop along to it.

Dave and Kerry.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
First Mate

Most people will be dressed on formal evenings but if do do modify you dress slightly nothing will be said. I never wear a dress shirt or tie & always remove my jacket after being seated & have been doing so for years without any problems. If you eat in the Horizon you'll be missing out on the better food in the regular dinning room.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Captain

Default Re: Personal Choice dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamie
On formal night, is it acceptable to dress in smart casual clothes if eating in the Personal choice dining room?

Pamie
Formal dress is expected while in any of the dining rooms, except in the Horizon Court. This includes wearing a tie and suit or tux, for the men. On formal nights passengers are also requested to remain in formal wear after dinner when roaming about the ship. I know my DH does not particulary enjoy wearing a suit and tie but he always does so out of respect for the rules for a given cruise line. Most people do choose to go by the dress code.

Just MHO.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Personal Choice dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamie

Pamie
Formal dress is expected while in any of the dining rooms, except in the Horizon Court. This includes wearing a tie and suit or tux, for the men. On formal nights passengers are also requested to remain in formal wear after dinner when roaming about the ship. I know my DH does not particulary enjoy wearing a suit and tie but he always does so out of respect for the rules for a given cruise line. Most people do choose to go by the dress code.

Just MHO.

Debra
That was years ago when people were expected to remain dressed through the evening but things have changed considerably since then. What about the people who eat at the Horizon, are they suppose run back to their rooms to hide after eating?
Even on formal nights, many people changed for the shows, with some wearing shorts, T shirts, sandals while others remained in the long gowns & tuxes. The choice is your to make.
On casual nights a simple shirt with jeans or dockers is now acceptable.
Old November 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

The following is from the 2008 Princess Cruise Answer Book

http://www.princess.com/downloads/zi...nswer_Book.pdf

"When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all of our guests. (See Onboard Attire Page 15)"
Old November 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Default Anytime dining

The dress code for all dining rooms is the same. Formal night does not mean resort casual. That is for the other nights.
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Anytime dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack22
The dress code for all dining rooms is the same. Formal night does not mean resort casual. That is for the other nights.
Even in the Alternative Dining venues like Sabatinis?
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Anytime dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack22
Even in the Alternative Dining venues like Sabatinis?
Although I've never been to Sabatinis to eat I've heard lot of folks remark that casual dress is acceptable there on formal evenings. For guys, a golf shirt with Dockers is fine for the girls a dressy top & slacks seems to OK.
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I thought you had to dress for Sabitini's??

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Familiar Face

We just came back from a cruise on the Sea Princess. We dined at Sterlings on the last formal night and I would say 70% of the patrons were in formal attire and the rest were in smart casual attire with one couple in jeans.

The shows on formal night were sort of a mixed bag. I did see a few people that were dressed up earlier in the evening and then they changed for the shows. I would say that at least 50% of the people in the theater were in formal attire.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesscruisers

The shows on formal night were sort of a mixed bag. I did see a few people that were dressed up earlier in the evening and then they changed for the shows. I would say that at least 50% of the people in the theater were in formal attire.
I'd say 50 % is about right for the first formal right & maybe only 25 or 30 % on the second formal night as people realize it's not required.