CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   10-day Southern Caribbean - Formal Nights? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/359030-10-day-southern-caribbean-formal-nights.html)

Colorado Alison December 9th, 2008 02:40 PM

10-day Southern Caribbean - Formal Nights?

Hi all,

As you can see, my posts have picked up in frequency since we will sail on the 20th. That brings me to another question...on the 10-day Southern Caribbean itinerary (1st stop Princess Cays), which nights are the formal nights? OR, do they change with each different sailing? If anyone has any feedback I would appreciate it.

Also, I rented tuxedos for my sons, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the on-board rentals?

Thanks, friends!

Alison

Irish Shark December 9th, 2008 02:56 PM

There will be two formal nights. The first one is usually the first day after the sail date. The second one is on the next to last night of the cruise.

I have always brought my own tux, so I cannot help you there.

Colorado Alison December 9th, 2008 02:59 PM

Thank you!

Thank you Irish Shark. I knew about the two nights, just didn't know which nights they would be. I'm just sort of a planner. Thanks again.

Alison

SF December 17th, 2008 11:16 PM

Hi Alison:

Looks like we're going to be cruise mates as we're also booked for the Xmas cruise on Emerald.
As for your question, when we've rented Tuxedos in the past they were either in our cabin or arrived shortly afterwards. If any repairs needed to be done we just told our cabin steward and he sent it to be fixed. After the 2nd formal night the cabin steward collected everything from our cabin. It's easy and great to just rent a Tux and not have to pack one or a suit.

Colorado Alison December 18th, 2008 11:54 AM

:-)

Hi SF,

Thanks for your reply. So glad to hear that you will be on the Christmas Cruise. Who are you traveling with, if you don't mind me asking? And where are you traveling from?

Alison

SF December 18th, 2008 04:27 PM

Hi Alison,

This time around it's just DH and myself. The kids ( I call them kids but they are in their 20's) aren't joining. How about you? Who are you traveling with?

We don't have far to get to the cruise port as we reside in Florida. Where are you from?

efabrici April 1st, 2013 06:46 PM

Hello Miss,

I want to go in this cruise. What about, leaving from san juan on 28th.

Show Cruise Information

RichC April 3rd, 2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efabrici (Post 1468969)
Hello Miss,

I want to go in this cruise. What about, leaving from san juan on 28th.

Show Cruise Information

Did you happen to notice that this thread was started back in 2008. ;)