Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
First Mate

Default Princess to eliminate dry cleaning

I just heard that Princess will eliminate dry cleaning form all their ships with the explanation of becoming "more green". Another Elite perk down the drain.
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

At least they have the self service laundry rooms, those are just so nice...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Let's hope they don't eliminate the laundry rooms too

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 6th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I sure hope they don't get rid of the laundry rooms...In fact they could use a few more. People use them all the time, sometimes its hard to get a machine.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

They are NOT eliminating the dry cleaning perc for elite members. What they are doing is switching from "dry cleaning" to steam cleaning. They have been doing this for a few months now and I think your clothes come back just as clean when they have been steamed as they were when they were dry cleaned.
Jim..
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Jim! Glad you cleared this up.

Would certainly hate to hear we could NOT sent out our clothes to be cleaned! Dry cleaning or steam cleaning is fine.
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised to see the self service go as well. another line has already decided to take self service out...

Nita
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Pity - but in the long run spending the day in a laundery when you are paying to be enjoying a ships seems a bit silly. Send them out or just pack extra (Or wear dirty underwear for a day - who would know - really?)

signed... the can't-be-bothered practical one.
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim130
They are NOT eliminating the dry cleaning perc for elite members. What they are doing is switching from "dry cleaning" to steam cleaning. They have been doing this for a few months now and I think your clothes come back just as clean when they have been steamed as they were when they were dry cleaned.
Jim..
Thank you, Jim!

I was getting worried there for a minute about not being able to get things we normally sent out to be "dry cleaned" cleaned on longer cruises.
Old January 14th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Captain

Quote:
Jim..
Thanks Jim for stopping a false rumor from spreading. It is very true that the perks for past passengers on Princess are far and above what is offered by some cruise lines.
The free dry cleaning service, or now to be PC, called "steam cleaning" is a great perk on Princess for elite cruisers. Unlike some other cruise lines who show little or no appreciation for passenger loyalty, it very much appreciated by me.

As for the self service laundry, it too is just another great perk for those who want to use it. I know that on several back to back Alaskan cruises on turn around day I spent about ten minutes actually in the laundry room and the rest of the less than an hour and a half that it took was spent relaxing and reading in the empty lounge. Princess does offer this as a service to all guests who wish to use it and that again compared to cruise lines who do not offer this is another credit to Princess. Saved a ton of money not to mention the other option of being charged for extra baggage by the airlines if I took enough clothes to last for more than two weeks. It is great to be on a cruise line that does offer passengers a choice about whether or not they want to use the laundromat facilities offered on the Princess ships.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Can't imagine being on a 28 day crise with no laundryroom /steam cleaning facility at all and only 1 suitcase due to checked bag costs.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Jim..
Where did you get the info on the new dry cleaning system. I have heard reports that they are not offering any dry cleaning on the Emerald
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Familiar Face

There IS a new toxic free "dry/wet" cleaning system for items that cannot be laundered normally (suits, etc) on ALL of the Princess ships including the Tahitian and Pacific. How do I know?? I just recieved a call from "Jeff" the laundry guy in Santa Clarita as a result of an email I sent to the Ruby Princess. He explained that normal dry cleaning items are now hand washed and hand ironed with this new system. It is also still available free for "elite" passengers.

Ron
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Admiral

PAUL !! - wear dirty underwear for a day ? Hey - not a bad idea !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82