Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default AMAZING Princess Promotion - Come to Europe with Cruisemates

NOW is the time to BOOK to come to Europe with CruiseMates

There is PRESENTLY a SPACE and TIME LIMITED discounted fare promotion on this cruise for Select Past Princess Passengers

We were offering excellent pricing before this promotion
BUT NOW

KK Inside cabins were - $1729 PP - NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE $1189
D- Outside cabins were - $ 1979- New PROMOTIONAL PRICE - $1429
BE & BD Balc. Guart. were $ 2089- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE-$1529
BB balcony were $2295- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE- $1599
AC Mini-suites were -$ 2957- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE - $1929
- these prices include port chges & taxes-

CruiseMates amenities still apply- $50 per cabin shipboard credit and complimentary cocktail party.

Here is the link to our original Promo for this cruise:
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...e/ruby2009.cfm

Join us for our Venetian Fantasy Group Cruise
Sailing - Oct. 7/09
18 NIGHTS
Venice Italy, through Europe and ending in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
On the Ruby Princess

If you are a past Princess passenger, and meet certain other restrictions these cabins are available for HUNDREDS of dollars LESS than our previously posted prices.

Book NOW and also get the reduced $100 per person deposit requirement.

For ALL specifics and details to see if you qualify
call our agent Nancy Bogert NOW

1-800-561-0802
Or e-mail
Nancy@planningcruises.com

This space is going to disappear fast, so act QUICKLY
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Admiral

"for Select Past Princess Passengers"

The PLA promotion is not good for everyone.

I don't know what the rules are to get this promotion, but it is not for every past Princess cruiser.

I qualified and got the price for an AC mini-suite.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Admiral

So far the only past passengers we've heard of to not qualify are those living outside of North America, and single cruisers.
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Familiar Face

I didn't realize this was a cruisemates cruise - I have been frequenting Cruise Critic and we have a large roll call group from there planning some meet and greets. Perhaps we should all get together. I was very surprised to see the reduced rate - we saved over $400 pp on a cat II room plus 50% off of Princess insurance.

Ron
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Familiar Face

We booked with Nancy before I found out it was a Crusemates cruise - She gave us the onboard credit. How do we get in on the cocktail party.

I have been a member of cruisemates for aa long time, however, haven't posted in quite q while. I got involved with Cruise Critic but they have a lot of nuts posting currently and posting bad information about Princess. The moderator seems to be advocating it since she banned me for correcting misinformation posters.

Ron (coiran)
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiran
We booked with Nancy before I found out it was a Crusemates cruise - She gave us the onboard credit. How do we get in on the cocktail party.

I have been a member of cruisemates for aa long time, however, haven't posted in quite q while. I got involved with Cruise Critic but they have a lot of nuts posting currently and posting bad information about Princess. The moderator seems to be advocating it since she banned me for correcting misinformation posters.

Ron (coiran)
Not a problem Ron.. if you ask Nancy, you're probably booked into the group space, even if you didn't know it.
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Beginner

Default Re: AMAZING Princess Promotion - Come to Europe with Cruisem

Okay I am new, how do I reply to this subject for information about this cruise??? Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
NOW is the time to BOOK to come to Europe with CruiseMates

There is PRESENTLY a SPACE and TIME LIMITED discounted fare promotion on this cruise for Select Past Princess Passengers

We were offering excellent pricing before this promotion
BUT NOW

KK Inside cabins were - $1729 PP - NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE $1189
D- Outside cabins were - $ 1979- New PROMOTIONAL PRICE - $1429
BE & BD Balc. Guart. were $ 2089- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE-$1529
BB balcony were $2295- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE- $1599
AC Mini-suites were -$ 2957- NEW PROMOTIONAL PRICE - $1929
- these prices include port chges & taxes-

CruiseMates amenities still apply- $50 per cabin shipboard credit and complimentary cocktail party.

Here is the link to our original Promo for this cruise:
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...e/ruby2009.cfm

Join us for our Venetian Fantasy Group Cruise
Sailing - Oct. 7/09
18 NIGHTS
Venice Italy, through Europe and ending in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
On the Ruby Princess

If you are a past Princess passenger, and meet certain other restrictions these cabins are available for HUNDREDS of dollars LESS than our previously posted prices.

Book NOW and also get the reduced $100 per person deposit requirement.

For ALL specifics and details to see if you qualify
call our agent Nancy Bogert NOW

1-800-561-0802
Or e-mail

This space is going to disappear fast, so act QUICKLY
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Admiral

At the bottom of the thread there is a "post reply" button. Click on it.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Okay I am new, how do I reply to this subject for information about this cruise??? Thanx
You did reply. But if you meant how do you contact the agent for detailed information ....

Travel Agents name is Nancy Bogert (Cruise Planners).. you can call her toll free
1-800-561-0802
Or e-mail
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Admiral

The airfare is a killer. I used my SkyMiles on our last cruise.

Old January 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
The airfare is a killer. I used my SkyMiles on our last cruise.
With "Open Jaw" tickets , as is necessary for this cruise, often the cruise line air is the best deal..... other than usiing FF miles.
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Beginner

Hello again, yes Nancy took grand care of me. I am booked for this cruise. I have yet to touch ground. I have never been to Europe. I have been on a few cruise with NCL, Royal Cab and Princess. But for the last three cruise I have been Princess. I will have questions as time goes along. You guys on the chat board have been my saving grace. I have gain so much information and ideas. Thanks a lot.

I had once booked my air with cruise. But as time has went along I found it was better to book separate. I do have ff miles. Has the air though the cruise line got better with pricing?
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda12
I had once booked my air with cruise. But as time has went along I found it was better to book separate. I do have ff miles. Has the air though the cruise line got better with pricing?
Nancy is checking this for me. She said that air from LAS is about $1000/pp for coach.

Another killer is the hotel prices in Venice. I like to get in at least a day before.

Cruise price is great, but with all the add ons, it is becoming pretty expensive.

Old January 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Beginner

Hello Irish Shark: I know what you mean. I am coming from San Francisco. I will have to have Nancy look into that for me too.

As for the hotel I am looking at Starwood for a points and cash. If not, I found this from another board and it might be something to consider. “Crowne Plaza, which is NOT in Venice, but is absolutely right next to a railway station with frequent half hour trains to Venice (and the hotel provides free RT train tickets if you book online.). The great part about this hotel is that they meet you at the airport, with a big sign with your name (impossible to miss them), and provide free transportation from the airport to the hotel. You do need to take a taxi to the cruiseport the next day, but it is not that expensive.”

But this being my first time at Venice I want to be near as much as I can see. I am still trying to figure out what part of day is take off and when I land, so I have extra day or two. Like I said never been to Europe. Wow…
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Admiral

I usually fly Delta to get my SkyMiles. Delta wants $2200/pp for coach.

The hotels she provided me were $2000+ for 2 nights. A sedan to the ship is $149 and a van is $220.

Princess transfers in Venice is $78/pp. I think this is from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship (I'll have to ask Nancy).

Old January 19th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Wow, I have United ff. I am going to talk to my girlfriend who has been to Europe a few times.

The hotel seem extremely high. Web site on the Crown Plaza converted is about $150 a night. So far not points and cash for Starwood. Starwood is Westin, Sheraton and Le Med. I am looking at Westin Europa & Regina for $200E converted is $265. But I am going to email them to about tax and their location from the airport and port.
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Admiral

One thing about Europe, and certainly Venice.... hotels are NOT cheap.

And the ratings of European hotels are quite different than the equivalent in North America. Unless you're quite "adventurous" I don't recommend anything less than a 3 Star hotel.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Thank you for info on Star rating. I am looking at 2 hotel with 4 and 5 Star hotels.

Do you know of a Private Transfer company to get from airport (Marco Polo) to hotel in Venice? I ask one of the hotels and got telephone number for Europe. I would rather email. I don’t want to get on the wrong train or water taxi and get lost. I will be traveling from San Francisco alone.

Do you need to get shots from doctor for this cruise? I know dumb question.

The ship has 2 dates in Venice. My take is first date is 7 Oct., with second date 8 October and leaving Venice at 1PM, correct?
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Admiral

You can book a Princess pick-up at the airport to the hotel (if you are staying at a "Princess" hotel).

No shots needed. Just a Passport.

You can board the ship on the 7th and that will be your "hotel" for one night. Princess will have tours, but they are not up on the board yet.

The next day is sail away day at 1300. If you are out and about, make sure you get back to the ship in time or they will leave without you. This is one good reason to book tours with Princess. Might be a little more $$$, but you will not be left on the pier.

Old January 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Beginner

Thank you for the information. I did not know your could book excursion before sailing. Wow, I can not wait to see the list. Yes, I mostly book my excursion though the cruiseline for that reason. Unless I know the area, like when I was on Hawaiian cruise. My daughter lives in Maui. I still think she ran away from home 10 years ago. I visit her and her husband once year but I stay at hotel to not ware out my welcome.

I have Nancy looking at air fare and hotel for me for 1 or 2 nights. Now I am retired (40 yrs fed) I can travel for more than 7 days cruise. As well as Sept and Oct were a no no for taking off on leave.
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Admiral

I canceled this on Wednesday. Ship prices are great, but with all the other add-ons it is coming out to about $14K.

We have done all the ports before on the Grand Med/Transatlantic cruise except for Venice.