Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default Sapphire Laptop Use

Anyone able to get a connection on the Dolphin Deck towards the front? From the room or the balcony? Or in Ports? Do you have to buy into their connection? Deciding if we want to take it or leave it.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to davenottaz

I called, and the cost for laptop internet connection is the same as using their 'puters. 75 cents/minute, and multiple minutes sold for more. NOT CHEAP!! I usually hit an internet cafe at the ports. When are you cruising?

Dave
Sapphire Princess 1-31-09
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
First Mate

Default PC Connection

In order to have service aboard the ship one has to purchase a plan that contains so many minutes. Usually the plans break down to a per minute cost of 40 cents to 75 cents per minute. Once you purchase the plan you can use either the ship's PCs or use your own laptop. The ship will have wi-fi zones where one can hook up to the internet. While the ship's personnel may advise you of several locations where wi-fi is available, not all of these worked with my laptop. Once I moved around on the ship, sometimes form one deck to another I was able to hook up. I did not have good coverage in my cabin as I was at the aft end of the ship many decks from the internet room adn I assume these were few routers to my area. Hope this helps a little.

Bill
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MrMikeM84

As what the last poster said.... wifi connection in my room was sub par. Sometimes it worked, sometiems not. Seemed to work perfect at 2am... and not at all around noon.
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Passenger

I have to laugh about this one, I told my hubbby if he brought his laptop on board I was going to toss it over board ( my mom threatened my dad with the same thing he never did). The best thing is his boss told me to do the same thing, and if he went near the internet cafe I was to toss him overboard. ( it was his first vacation in over 2 years)
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Beginner

I would love to say I banned hubby from bringing his laptop with us this Sept, but when I said I wanted somewhere to download our photos to... I lost that chance!

We are cruising on the Diamond Princess from Alaska to Far East so Sapphire's wi-fi will help us plan too. By the sounds of it, being at the rear on Emerald deck will give buckley's chance of wi-fi in our suite!

Good luck on your trip.