Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Default Diamond AD mini-suites - noise from Fusion?

Hello, first time cruiser heading up to Alaska to go on a 15 day cruise across to the Far East. I am trying to decide between Dolphin deck AC mini suite that has no privacy on the balcony and an AD mini suite on Emerald, which has better privacy but is located directly over the Fusion Bar. Someone mentioned there might be strong bass beats from the music... has anyone experienced this? Someone else mentioned issues with vibrations and noise from rear thrust propellers on another ship... is that a concern?
Very exciting!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I had E721 and friends were in E731 and we didn't hear anything. There was a bit of vibration from the thrusters but it's only when coming or going from port so it's brief.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

This good to hear. We booked E731 for 2010 and didn't even think of this. lannp, can you tell us more about the balcony in this cabin? Is it larger - longer than the others? View? Thank you.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Familiar Face

Yes, it has a little extended section so is slightly larger than the other AD's in front of it, but the extended section is solid - not glass, so you can't see thru that part. It's a very nice space!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Beginner

Thank you guys for your responses! It certainly eases your mind when things like that are resolved. These rooms sound perfect and I can't believe they are still available. My good fortune I guess. Thanks again and happy journeying.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes the balcony is very large. We had a cabin cavalcade so our group could see the various grades, eg. inside, balcony, mini-suite, etc. We concluded at 731 because of it being a mini and having the larger balcony so there was plenty of room for all. You are also down near the end of the corridor so the only traffic is people in your area.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Beginner

We just had confirmation today that we got E711 which was one of my top 4 rooms! What are the chances? The two with the larger balconies were of course booked, but 710 and 711 were still vacant, so I snapped up 711. That hopefully means we will not only have a brilliant room with a fully covered balcony, but being on the starboard side... a great view of the glaciers etc as we leave Alaska from our own room??? Brilliant!
Thank you all again for your comments. Happy travelling.
PS - If anyone is taking that same tour, let's rendevous for a drink!
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Passenger

there is no privacy on dolphin deck AC category balconies? i have booked one of these cabins can someone offer insight of what to expect?
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Beginner

Hello, first - I have NOT travelled on any of these ships yet, and have only made my own assumptions based on the info I have glenaed from scrutinising the hard copy brochures, the deck plans online and the galleries of people's photos who had been on the Diamond Princess or Sapphire Princess as it is a similar ship. From what I can tell, the decks and balconies are tiered to give better views, but it means that you can look up or down from your own balcony into those all around you - up and down. Also, people up on the bow observation deck can see down into most of the front half of the boat's balconies.

Mind you, almost all reviews on these forums and all others I have read, no one seems to mind, so please don't go on just my opinion. I think all rooms with a bacony are going to be brilliant, and you will love it. I just get burnt easily so wanted some protection from the sun, and my other half likes complete distance from people when he wants quiet time, hence why we wanted as private a balcony as possible. You also have to remember, you may have a 'less' private balcony, but you will have a bigger suite/room since you have booked a better class of mini-suite! AC minisuites have more square footage than AD, and so on up the line, so it is a trade off. And from what I can read, how much time will you really spend out on your balcony?

Again, remember, I have never been on a cruise - ANY cruise, so I am not at all an expert. I am confident that you will love any room you have booked and who knows? They often seem to overbook these rooms so you may end up with a free upgrade to a full suite or something. Don't stress and just look forward to it OK? Happy cruising!
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

Actually, AC minisuites are exactly the same size as AD minisuites with the interiors being identical. The only difference is that the few AD minisuites (found on Emerald deck) are the only ones with truly private balconies. All categories of minisuite (found on Dolphin deck) have completely un-covered balconies - no roof whatsoever. So, if you think you will be uncomfortable with no covering on your balcony, consider the AD - if any are still available.
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Familiar Face

Megs: we sailed the Sapphire (sister to the Diamond) last week and had stateroom D730, which is considered AC category. The Dolphin and Emerald decks extend further out than the other decks. Balcony on Dolphin is completely uncovered. Didn't mind it a bit. It's nice sized and has a small table and 4 chairs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pixie