Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Island or Coral Princess - Sanctuary

We are booked on the Coral Princess - Panama Canal trip in September. I understand that since I last sailed on her sister ship the Island Princess two years ago, the Sanctuary has been added to both of these ships. Can anyone tell me what part of the ship has been taken over for this area and what the charge is for this. Just a comment - it seems to me that there are very few children anyway on the 15 day Panama Canal trips (this is not our first) so I am not sure why Princess feels the need to have an Adults Only area - except the obvious reason, to be able to charge more money.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Admiral

I was on the Island Princess in 11/08 for a Panama Canal cruise.

The Sanctuary is on Deck 14 (Lido) all the way Aft. There is also a part of it on Deck 15 (Sun) Aft.

It was open from 0800 to 1800 on a first come first served basis. The passes were 0800 to 1230 and 1300 to 1730. It cost $10/pp for a half day and $20/pp for a whole day pass.

There is also the Lotus Thermal Sanctuary.
Single cruise pass is $120.
Couples cruise pass is $199.
Ultimate Cruise Pass is $250.
Couples RASUL is $95.

On the Coral Princess, there is the Thermal Sanctuary. But I can not find the "regular" Sanctuary. If it is there, it is not in the same area as the Island Princess. I cannot find it on the deck plans.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Perfect - thanks for the quick response. Appreciate the info as always.
Old April 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

We did the Coral Princess a couple of years ago doing the Panama Canal and that is one ship I refuse to go on again. They had so many problems with plumbing. Our toilet wouldn't flush and then a few minutes later, you would hear it flush. There was also an odor of plumbing problems during the whole trip. I had noticed this problem on message boards before we went and hoped that because of so many complaints, that it would have been fixed. The crew were great and so was the itinerary.
Old April 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info slhall. Hopefully, they have fixed any and all plumbing and odor problems since you were on the ship. We have sailed on the Island (sister ship) for 15 days to Hawaii and really enjoyed it, so we were hoping this ship would be just as nice. I will let you know when we return.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhall
We did the Coral Princess a couple of years ago doing the Panama Canal and that is one ship I refuse to go on again. They had so many problems with plumbing. Our toilet wouldn't flush and then a few minutes later, you would hear it flush. There was also an odor of plumbing problems during the whole trip. I had noticed this problem on message boards before we went and hoped that because of so many complaints, that it would have been fixed. The crew were great and so was the itinerary.
Just returned from the P.C. cruise on 4/26. We had the same problem. Some times more like an hour or two before it would flush. Occurred mostly in the morning. Still not fixed.