Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default PRINCESS SHIP'S CONTINUOUS/AUTOMATIC SHUFFLE MACHINES

Does anyone know about the shuffle machines they use for the blackjack games thse days. They are not the traditional shuffle machines that shuffle one deck at a time, rather what I have heard is that after each round of cards all are put back into the machine and mixed (?) agian with some number of other decks? Do they always use such a machine? How about singledeck or a shoe?
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:49 AM
First Mate

What you are describing is called continuous shoe.

Unfortunately I haven't been on Princess in over a year, but continuous shuffle machines are never in the customer's favour.
Old April 30th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

All the Princess ships are using the continuous shuffle machines for their regular Black Jack games. For the "Fun 21" game and for the 'Face up" , where you see both the dealers cards they use an 8 deck shoe and use about 4 1/2 decks. Everything works against the player.
Jim..
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you for your info.

I stand corrected the continuos schuffle machine is just what it is.
Has anyone read anything about these money sucking devices ?

Do all the cruiselines use these? Maybe its time to change to cruiselines which don't put these things in play.

At least with a 4 or 5 deck shoe you know where the cards are and what is being done with them. It just seems to me, and I've been playing BJ for 30 years and although not a high roller I could hold my own and every now and then pick up a few bucks. Now with these machines its just seems like someone is sitting upstairs telling the machine what cards to deal to the folks on the large side of the table, no one seems to win except the house/ship.
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:13 PM
First Mate

I think the only mainstream line that doesn't use these is NCL. Which is also the only line that stands on soft 17. (I could be wrong though, since it's been a while since I was on NCL.)