Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Default Booking future cruises while on board

We are sailing to Alaska on Princess this August and also want to book a Mexico cruise in December for our anniversary. We are seeing a pretty good rate on the Princess site for Mexico right now, but are wondering if there are additional discounts to be had if we book Mexico while we are on our Alaska cruise? We don't want to risk losing the price we are seeing now, but we also would love to save more money if we can.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
First Mate

I'm a week ahead of you on that Alaskan Cruise.

Our more seasoned fellow cruisemates will indeed offer their help (I hope).

From what I understand, an On Board Credit of some sort is the discount. ? And if this is your first cruise, I'm pretty sure your Circle privileges will also play a role in discounts.

The lines website might also be helpful in determining your Circle status and 'bonuses', which are calculated on the number of your Princess cruises previously sailed.

Sweet Sailing!

Old June 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Passenger

We have sailed before and are gold members (if that helps at all). Alaska will be our second cruise and Mexico our third.

Thanks!
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Admiral

The Future Cruise Credit is a win/win situation. You'll have $100.00 charged to your credit card (or as many $100.00's as you want ) and you can use that as your down payment on any cruise with Princess in the next 4 years. You don't have to schedule a cruise while on the ship if you don't want to.

You also get onboard credit. The amount depends on the cabin you've booked. From the Princess site:

"Future Cruise Consultant
While onboard you can book your next escape with Princess. Future Cruise Consultants are on each vessel to advise you of future cruise itineraries, fares and incentives. By booking onboard, you will receive reduced deposits of $100 per person and up to $150 shipboard credit per person on your next sailing with Princess.

Simply make a deposit toward any cruise to secure this exclusive offer available only to our onboard passengers.

CRUISE LENGTH STATEROOM TYPE ONBOARD CREDIT (USD/CAD)*
7-9 days Interior
Oceanview $25
$50
10-15 days Interior
Oceanview $75
$100
16+ days Interior
Oceanview $125
$150

* Shipboard credit for 1st and 2nd passenger only."

Here's the link: http://www.princess.com/learn/answer...uise/board.jsp

If, for some "weird" reason you don't cruise with Princess in the next four years, they'll refund your deposit $$.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Admiral

If you see a great rate for December to Mexico, I'd recommend you take it now. August is a little too close to wait and hope you'd get a better rate.

BUT when you're on your August sailing - get 2 $100 Future Cruise Bookings (you each need one) and use it for some other cruise down the line. If you know where you'd like to go in 2010, you could book it while on board ... and it can always be transferred to your TA who might get you even better rates.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Familiar Face

My guess is as long as the H1N1 flu and drug killings, etc. are around deals galore!
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzNut
If you see a great rate for December to Mexico, I'd recommend you take it now. August is a little too close to wait and hope you'd get a better rate.

BUT when you're on your August sailing - get 2 $100 Future Cruise Bookings (you each need one) and use it for some other cruise down the line. If you know where you'd like to go in 2010, you could book it while on board ... and it can always be transferred to your TA who might get you even better rates.
Just a correction on this, you don't both need one and it's pretty much a waste to use both on the same booking. One FCC is good for two people, it's written right on the confirmation. You buy an FCC and then when it comes time to book, you can pay the $100 deposit for the second person at that time. Both of you get the onboard credit.
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kseltzer
My guess is as long as the H1N1 flu and drug killings, etc. are around deals galore!
As the flu season picks up in the fall/winter there might be more deals to be had.
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to I Love NC
Default Booking Future Cruise While Onboard

You only need to use ONE (FCC) Future Cruise Credit PER CABIN

Have a great day
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Hi Cruuuzer.
Thanks for the info on the Mexican Riviera tours. As for your question. I booked our November 14, 2009 cruise on the Sapphire as soon as we got back from our May 31, 2009 cruise to Alaska. The deals were too good to pass up. I did ask a Princess rep and my AAA agent if the prices go down even lower before I leave will I get the lower price? They both said yes but I have to bring it to their attention in order to get the lower price.
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Booking Future Cruise While Onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love NC

Have a great day
We just returned form the Caribbean Princess and I asked the future cruise girl if this was true, that you only need 1 FCC per couple and she told me that it is not true. Apparently some people were getting away with just one but they (Princess) have realized their mistake and are cracking down. Everyone do yourself a favor and get 1 for each of the people that are traveling.
Jim.
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Booking Future Cruise While Onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim130
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love NC

Have a great day
We just returned form the Caribbean Princess and I asked the future cruise girl if this was true, that you only need 1 FCC per couple and she told me that it is not true. Apparently some people were getting away with just one but they (Princess) have realized their mistake and are cracking down. Everyone do yourself a favor and get 1 for each of the people that are traveling.
Jim.
It's not a mistake, it's printed right on the FCC that's it's good for two people. However, I have heard Princess will be changing it's policy. Sadly Future Cruise Consultants usually know Jack!