Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Default When to reserve shore excursions?

Just booked our cruise for late November. The excursions for our cruise are up online. Can I go ahead and reserve the excursion? When am I charged for the excursion? If I am unsure what I might want to do at a port, can I reserve 2 and then drop one once I decide?

Thank you
Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kim,
They normally let you pre-book the excursions when you are within the 60 days prior to cruising, you're final payment would of been made. Once you do sign up, they go ahead and charge your credit card, so be sure when booking, its one you really want to do. Yes, you can change your mind within a certain amount of time, but then you'd have to get the charge credited on your credit card, so just be careful.

It is nice to pre-book when there is an excursion you really don't want to miss, some do fill up quickly.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If you want a specific tour, you could book online, but look at other options, tour operators to book off the ship which could save you money.Remember too, it you wouls just like an island tour, you can walk off the ship, and grab one of the many tour buses waiting, at a much better price. What is your itinerary?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Beginner

Hi there, We are doing our first cruise in Sept/Oct and we have already booked all our shore excursions. As soon as they became available, I booked them all and am listed as 'confirmed' on them. They only offered something like 20 spots on each tour, so on a ship of over 2000 people, I was not waiting!

Re payment, we are cruising on the Diamond Princess and are to confirm again once we board, then our ship account will be charged for the tours. We have not been charged by credit card and we booked them weeks ago. If this changes, I will let you know.

I also booked 2 couples Lotus Spa packages for me and my man knowing they book up quicklly as well.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Book as soon as possible. We we did the Panama on HAL , the cabana's were
booked as soon as the excursions were open.
So if you a specific tour book early and you can cancel up to 24hrs before.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Book as soon as you can BUT don't worry because they will NOT charge your credit card on Princess until you're on board the ship (unlike RCI and Celebrity who immediately charge it).

Generally, you'll find your tickets for the excursions in an envelope in your cabin when you board ... or shortly thereafter.

As far as booking 2 for the same time, I don't know but I rather doubt it.

And, you do have 24 hours or maybe 48 (forgot) prior to the excursion to cancel it for no charge.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Admiral

If you really, really want a specific excurison, book it as soon as it becomes available especially the really popular ones, they book up fast.
If you find a smilar shore excursion thru a reputable local tour operater at a lower price, you can always cancel your Princess tour at no charge for up to 24 hrs (i think) prior to the tour.