CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sanitary hand wipes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/367108-sanitary-hand-wipes.html)

Tawny August 14th, 2009 04:02 PM

Sanitary hand wipes!

Does Princess make you use sanitary hand wipes before entering
the buffet, etc. and when coming back aboard the ship? I know other
lines do.

Kamloops Cruiser August 14th, 2009 07:56 PM

I don't know about Princess . Both HAL and RCI expect you to use liquid
hand sanitizer not wipes.. :D :D

kandajones August 15th, 2009 10:56 AM

Hi Tawny, Princess also use the hand gels (both from automatic dispensers, and from room entry attendants). The only place I have seen wipes were in the CyberStudy areas, so that you could wipe the mouse & keyboards.

We usually take our own antiseptic spray as well, as we'd rather be overcautious than have to wait for any outbreak onboard before the gels appear.

Alan & Katrina

Kamloops Cruiser August 15th, 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones
Hi Tawny, Princess also use the hand gels (both from automatic dispensers, and from room entry attendants). The only place I have seen wipes were in the CyberStudy areas, so that you could wipe the mouse & keyboards.

We usually take our own antiseptic spray as well, as we'd rather be overcautious than have to wait for any outbreak onboard before the gels appear.

Alan & Katrina

When we cruise on HAL and RCI the hand gels where out all the time.
Not just when people where sick.

kandajones August 16th, 2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydozer

When we cruise on HAL and RCI the hand gels where out all the time.
Not just when people where sick.

Yes I know, I have never worked out why other cruise lines don't have the same sensible policy.

Alan

Tawny August 16th, 2009 01:58 PM

Thanks for all the info. I know when I cruised a year ago last May
aboard an RCCL ship they made us use the wipes before boarding the
ship after a shore excursion and before entering any eating place on
the ship. I was just hoping Princess lines is as cautious and concerned
about everyones health as RCCL seemed to be...Tawny

Hand Sanitizer Dispenser April 8th, 2011 07:27 AM

Handsanitizer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawny (Post 1241384)
Does Princess make you use sanitary hand wipes before entering
the buffet, etc. and when coming back aboard the ship? I know other
lines do.

Before going to the buffet you should use Handsanitizer or hand wipes, its good habit of using that in order to prevent from germs and bacteria.

LisaK April 8th, 2011 09:48 AM

on our last Princess cruise there was a hand-santizer dispenser at the entrance to Horizon Court, and a few years back when there was a larger than normal outbreak of Noro-Virus there was an attendant at the beginning of the line wearing rubber gloves, who would ask you to please use the hand sanitizer and then he/she would hand you your fresh plate

Trip April 8th, 2011 10:00 AM

This is really the norm now, for every one thankfully.

RichC April 10th, 2011 07:19 AM

On all of our trips they had the dispensers available for use but lately they don't require you to use it. The actual benefits of the sanitizer is debatable.

Skipper's Mom April 10th, 2011 06:53 PM

Think about this...

You wash your hands very thoroughly....

You go into the dining room and sit down (adjust your chair), you handle the menu and the salt, peppers, etc.

What germs are being transmitted to you?

The best that you can do is wash your hands frequently, use a portable hand sanitizer and hope for the best.

Princess Mich March 5th, 2012 01:50 PM

What disgusts me is that Princess has hand sanitizers all over their ships - but, they don't have toilet seat covers in their public restrooms. Doesn't make sense, does it? No wonder norovirus runs rampant on their ships.