Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Captain

Thanks Trinton for the heads-up on that one. It think that I would enjoy taking one of those cruises.

No doubt they will charge more than the $299 rate Princess offered on the May 11, 2009 Island Princess cruise to Alaska. That price was for an inside cabin but at that price who cares. I know about the price because I took advantage of the great deals Princess was offering for the first couple of cruises to Alaska this year.

The last few years Princess has made great strides and that have raised them to the very top of the premium cruise lines and those kinds of deals that are light on my pocket book keep me coming back.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Captain

An interesting article from Travel Weekly...Looks like Princess will be pulling 50% of the Mexico cruises next year; however, they will be adding more Pacific crossings to Hawaii and Australia. That's good news! (At least for the West Coasters).

A Pacific crossing from California sounds great! Maybe we'll give this a shot next year.

http://www.travelweekly.com/cruise/a...tid199404.aspx
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Captain

This thread was started by Trinton and I just want to be sure that credit is given where credit is due. Somehow the sequence of the comments got out of whack for this thread and I am mentioned as the originator of this thread, which is not true.

There were a couple of comments that were in poor taste and our hosts in deleting the posts and changing the title back to what it originally was, were probably unable to get the thread back into the proper sequence.

Thanks again Trinton for the interesting article.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Captain

Thanks Nurse Debra.

I was happy to see some Pacific crossings from California. Other cruisers have mentioned that the ship we were on, is a totaly different class , or experience and I should try a larger ship...so maybe we will? Our ship had mechanical difficulties twice, missing one port and a delayed leave.

I know you had difficulties on a X cruise too, Nurse Debra, so you understand how an experience can really overshadow another try or two.
I am willing to give Princess another try...and the itineraries look really good.

There was a problem with reassembling this thread, my apologies to all.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm actually checking into one of those three Hawaiian 14 day R/T out of San Diego cruises being offered in 2011. It will take me that long to save for it.

Happy Sailing
Mark

Read and post cruise reviews

Need some cruise help?
LIBERTY - 5/2013
SPIRIT - 9/2012 (PLATINUM)
INSPIRATION - 9/2012 (B2B)
PARADISE - 4/2010
VALOR -3/2010
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS - 10/2009
SPLENDOR - 4/2009
VICTORY - 4/2008
GLORY - 11/2007
ELATION - 6/2007
PARADISE - 10/2006
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Captain

Trinton,

You are very welcome.

Sorry you had trouble on your cruise. When it happens it is certainly no fun, when it impacts your cruise. I know that on our Celebrity Summit 13 night Alaskan cruise it was a huge disappointment for all passengers on board. There can be a one-time problem on any cruise ship and that is the chance we all take when we cruise. Things can go wrong on any cruise line be it Celebrity, Princess, Silver Sea, Crystal, etc.

Maybe I am the only who feels that there is a huge difference from a one time mechanical failure and a admitted design fault that has caused the same problem more than twenty separate times on the Millennium, Infinity and Summit. I guess my issues with Celebrity were compounded by the lies and mis-information that we were told. To this day Celebrity customer service still is not honest with prospective customers and will say, when asked, that there have only been two propulsion problems on these Celebrity ships. When there is a change in the way that management treats its customers then maybe I will give Celebrity another chance.

You may want to try one of the mid size Princess ships like the Island Princess. I have sailed on that particular ship four times and have been amazed at how well this ship is maintained.

Debra

Winston Churchill