Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Default Mexican Riveria Cruise

Hello all cruisers,

We are taking the Mexican Riviera Sapphire Princess Cruise on November 14, 2009. I would like to hear from you about which excursions to take or NOT to take. We will be going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. What shouldn't we miss on this trip? We were on the Star Princess Alaskan Cruise (May 31, 2009) and enjoyed ourselves, but I wish I had known about this great cruise site before we left.

Thanks for your help and insight.
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Passenger

We did this one in 07 and plan to do it again this December. We loved both excursions we did, but we are pretty well content just to laze around all day.

In Cabo, we did an excursion which took us to a beach resort for the day. They fed us lunch on the beach and then we had full use of the beach property (no hawkers!), the pools and the grounds including the cabanas.

In PV, we did the Las Caletas excursion which takes you by catamaran to a private beach owned previously by John Houston. Again, they feed you a fabulous lunch and you pretty well have the run of the place. You can opt in for additional features including swimming with sea lions and kayaking. Otherwise, it's basically a very private paradise to enjoy and a gorgeous 45 minute catamaran ride with free STRONG margaritas. That was my favorite day!

We did absolutely nothing but lay around on deck in Mazatlan. We were pooped and couldn't find anything we were dying to do.

Have fun!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default tours in Mexico

Here is a link for lower cost on tours in Puerto Vallarta Mexico.
Rodolfo had sent this link to me, you can contact Rodolfo, he will be able to answer your questions.

Eco tours, Boats, Zip lines, Etc.

http://www.puertovallartadiveshop.com/
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Passenger

we took the mexican rivera cruise in march of 2009.
only did one extra excursion ( we renewed our vows on board instead)
we did a pirate cruise and snorkleing at Cabo. It was great fun, we even got stung by little jelly fishes.
we had so much fun on the cruise we are going again next march, this time we are taking the kids.

have a wonderful time. the cruise director staff was wonderful, esp.
Karen, paul ( little), paul, collete, and lets not forget Jorge as in hip, hip, jorge...
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Familiar Face

If you enjoy a good marguerita, don't miss the Salsa & Salsa tour in Mazatlan. You make various margueritas, salsas, guacamoles, and of course taste the fruits of your labor. The young lady running the tour was very entertaining kept everyone in stitches. Non-alcoholic margueritas and juices were available too. My husband frowned when I told him I signed the two of us up for the tour. At the end of the tour he said it was the best one he'd been on.